Tuesday, October 24, 2006

My Guilty Pleasure
Blogging...reading other people's blogs...has seriously become my guilty pleasure. I guess I am some what of a snoop by nature. I have always had a great curiosity about other people...how they live, how they decorate, what they cook, how they parent... This blogging is really giving me quite a "fix"! But it has also been a fun way to stay in touch with family and friends...and I have learned SO MUCH more about friends by reading their blogs. What a bunch of incredible women. I am inspired every day.

I have posted a picture of two of my sisters, Stacey and Kelley, also well known snoops! Don't deny it you two!! My sister, Jordin, isn't a snoop, so I have kindly not included her picture! :) As kids, Stacey, Kelley, and I used to rummage through our grandparents cupboards, closets, and drawers etc. looking for some kind of treasure. (I think we read one to many books on finding "long-lost" diaries in attics or something). Our grandpa used to even hide little treats for us to find...he kept his top drawer stocked with licorice and gum! He also used to have a metal detector (the coolest thing EVER)...for years I begged Santa for one (which I never got)...so sure I would unearth priceless jewelry.

At our other grandparents house...on a lake...we would spend hours diving off our floating mats in our goggles looking for treasures on the bottom of the lake. We found alot of old pop cans. One time on a ski trip when we were little we stalked some poor guy all around Grand Targhee Ski Resort writing down his every move in a little notebook. We called it "Project of Weird Man". More like weird girls!

So thanks for my "fix"! It's one of my favorite parts of the day! Yay Carolyn...I am so glad you started a blog ...and thanks for listening to me vent today!! (Naomi you need to start one) Oh--and Kariann brought the most FABULOUS soup to our Stake YW's meeting tonight...I am still thinking about it hours later...email me the recipe, PLEASE!

3 comments:

Lucy said...

You're funny. I've never thought of it as snooping. If anything, you're just satisfying exhibitionists' intentions! I agree with you though. Reading blogs has opened my eyes to the amazing qualities possessed by mainly stay at home moms who don't normally get a chance to shine. I think it's great.

andrea said...

I too, love knowing details about people's lives. Mostly because I love taking great ideas about parenting, decorating, and just life in general. I love reading blogs because it's comforting to know that I'm not the only one going through certain things.

Carolyn said...

What a bunch of hotties you and your sisters are! :-)
And, you can vent anytime - I can totally relate.
Carolyn