Three Day Weekend...Yay!
The kids are out of school for Martin Luther King Jr. Day and Tyler had it off too. We have had a fun and busy weekend. I finally ended up cutting Ailey's hair. Kameron had cut it into a terrible mullet over Christmas vacation. Then Ailey had her surgery and I couldn't take her anywhere to get it fixed. Once she was well enough to go somewhere I doubted she would've LET anyone cut it. So her hair has remained in a mullet for weeks. Luckily she had enough hair that I could gel it into one very sad little ponytail. This weekend I couldn't take one more minute of it and got out the scissors and went to work. I am no hairstylist but I think it turned out pretty cute...maybe a tad Ramona Quimby...but still pretty cute. She has enough natural curl that it flips upon the ends and doesn't look too bad.

The backKameron was feeling very handsome on Friday and wanted me to take his picture in his "favorite" outfit. He is very into anything "pirate". Uncle Kirk went to Utah and brought him back two awesome pairs of shoes. Kirk used to manage the Vans Outlet in Park City and so on a quick trip I asked him to grab a pair of Vans for Kameron (Kam is a BIG Van's fan). Kameron as a little toddler had a pair of the red and white checkerboard slip-ons and he has been devoted ever since. Kirk came back with not one pair of Vans but two!! He said it was buy-one-get-one free but I have my doubts. Kirk is sweet like that!


Saturday night was Stake Conference. Tyler and I went to the "adults" session and then afterwards had a great "date night"! It felt like forever since we had been out ALONE! We decided to go eat at Twigs. It was romantic and cozy and WARM...the temp. that night was around 5 degrees. We love Twigs and ordered some great food. I love their signature fries...they are garlic fries with a hit of cayenne and fresh basil on the top...then you dip them in a gorgonzola cheese sauce. YUM! I also love their Creme Brulee (my favorite dessert). It was fun to be out...just the two of us!! We were even all dressed up. Too bad I forgot my camera!
Today we wanted to do something fun since everyone had the day off. We wanted to do something outside but were limited since the weather is still in the single digits. We decided to brave the cold and drive out to a gorgeous lake near us. Tyler had heard that some bald eagles were nesting at the end of the lake. We drove out to this gorgeous bay...the weather was beautiful...sunny and blue skies even if very FRIGID! We saw five bald eagles. Two males and three females. They were flying and soaring over our heads and out over the water. It was beautiful. We walked around for a bit and took a few pictures but it was COLD!



After that we went into town and got some much need hot chocolate!! We did some shopping. I hit a few of my favorite thrift stores...nothing too exciting. I did find one really cute little vintage turquoise jewelry box with pink satin inside to sell at our next Sisters Creed event. But that was it. Then we drove back to our town and decided to get something to eat. The kids have been BEGGING us for weeks to go to Ron's (a hamburger joint)...you all know my feelings about hamburgers...YUCK! But they do have really good onion rings and milkshakes so I was persuaded. Ron's has been open since the 1950's I believe. The owner..."Ron"...was LDS and so this was the place to stop at in the 60's when my mom was a teenager after Church dances and other events. My grandparents LOVED this place. My favorite thing to get from Ron's is their butterscotch milk shake...so good! So we stopped there to eat. But to my DISMAY they no longer make butterscotch milkshakes and they used to have really good fry sauce to eat with your onion rings and they no longer make the same recipe. I think the place has new owners...no longer "Ron's " family and it wasn't nearly as good. But that didn't stop us from eating a whole ton of junk!

So now I am off to make sure everyone has their homework done and things ready for school. Reilly just informed me that she has a report on MLK Jr. due tomorrow and needs to use the computer...AAaahh! Good thing we had a Family Home Evening lesson on him last night!
Happy Martin Luther King Jr. Day!!! What an incredible man. His "I have a dream" speech chokes me up every time I read it.
Also... Happy Birthday John (my brother-in-law) and Dane (my sweet nephew)!! Hope you Sykes had fun in Walla Walla!!

7 comments:
I like the second picture of Ailey, very super model! My daughter is terrified of haircuts. I has always done it myself because of that but the last time I tried she went berzerk half way through. So now she is sporting a lovely bi-level cut. Very 80's. It's grown out enough she just looks like she's tilting her head!
The lake was beautiful! Blue skiesa and bluer water.
Hi~
I am not sure if you noticed my comment on your 100 list or not but we sure have a lot in common, especially our love for all things Scottish. :P
Right now I am reading The Fiery Cross for the 3rd time...LOL!
You have a beautiful family and I hope to get to know you better. :)
Your kids are so cute. Way to go with the haircut. It looks like you had such a fun day. I would have loved to have seen the eagles. Someone stopped by my house today and swore they saw an Eagle on the drive up.
I saw you and Tyler on Saturday night and wanted to say HI but I missed you. How fun to go to twigs afterward. I too love their fries. You need to figure out the spices and make them for us!
What a fun weekend, sometimes it's nice to get out even in the cold. I think the fresh air does a lot. Good for you guys to get a date night, we need to find sitters so we can do it more often.
Where is the lake that you went to? It's beautiful, I bet the Eagles were incredible. My girls love seeing all of the pictures of your kids, Grace likes Cam's shirt.
Ailey's hair looks great....no worries. Such a sweet little face. :)
Love, Hannah
Ailey is such a doll!!
We had a great time in Walla Walla!!
Yum, your blog made me hungry!!
Did Reilly babysit while you and Tyler went out?
XOXO Stacey
Cute hair cut. Although the mullet may yet come back and that would take a while to grow back!
Glad you had a fun weekend. I loved watching you and Tyler when I was sitting on the stand (a perk - to check everyone out). You are such a cute couple and you looked all cozy. Of course, it was freezing in there and you may have just been in survival mode.
I like your family pictures. Everyone is so photogenic. Bishop Kunz from 6th Ward always talks about Ron's. I wonder if he knew your mom back in the day???
Post a Comment