Monday, August 11, 2008

A Few Things

Here are a few things that have been going on around here or will be going on soon:


1.) Camp McClellan starts on Wednesday!!


I can't wait. I have had more phone calls from my siblings giddy with excitement calling to give me the countdown of how many more days until our week at the lake begins. We are more excited than our kids!! 7 glorious days of living in my swimsuit, no make-up, bonfires, boating, biking, hiking, games and fun. (I guess I will have to wear make-up one day. My mom's wedding is smack dab in the middle of the week.)

Maybe my sisters and I could get some haircuts and outfits like this too!! :) Oh wait Kelley has already had this haircut!! ;) But this pictures sums up the good old fashioned fun that is the lake in the summer time.

2.) Kameron barely has a tooth left in his head.

He lost one front tooth while we were in Utah at Brett and Marissa's house.


Then he lost his other front tooth after we got home.


He already was missing most of his teeth on the bottom. He has one snaggle tooth on the bottom that he keeps wiggling and if he loses that they he will have 4 missing teeth on the top and 4 on the bottom. The kid looks like a little hillbilly, has a pronounced lisp and reduced us all to hysterics the other night watching him try to eat a taco...but he managed it!!

Here's a little video of Kameron doing his best "hillbilly" talk. No offense to hillbillies is intended as my Nana hails from West Virginia and is a true descendant of actual hillbillies. I have a very diverse family...that could be a whole post on it's own.




3.) I love how small the blogging world is.

Last week I got a fun email from an old Canyon View Jr. High classmate named Katherine. I actually think we were also in 6th grade together with Mr. Barlow at Orchard Elementary weren't we? I haven't been able to locate my 6th grade class picture. (No loss there...not a good year for me as I had a mullet) Anyway, Katherine had linked to my friend Andrea's blog from Jason's cousin's blog and then linked to mine. Crazy!! It was so fun to hear from you Katherine!! You need to start a blog and join this crazy world of connections. Katherine ALSO happens to be a good friend of Vanessa J. from book club!! How fun is that?!? Any other blog readers want to identify themselves?? I would love to know who all is reading my blog!! :)

4.) Reilly is PLEASANT!!

Tyler and I decided that the rest of the summer needed to be "unplugged"for our children. We have locked or "disabled" all 3 T.V's in our house...locked the computer...and took away the Ipod. The result happy, nice, loving children!! The past 5 days have been WONDERFUL!! The kids have been reading, playing games, playing outside, using their imaginations, and being helpful. We have let them watch a tiny bit of the Olympics...but they've probably only watched an hour of TV in the last 5 days. It has been wonderful!!

Well I am off to try to squeeze in a work-out at the gym before Kameron needs to go to swimming. Jordi and family arrive tonight...Kirk and family arrive on Wednesday. This week should be fun!! Talk to you next week!! I'm outta here.

8 comments:

KariAnn said...

Love Cameron's toothless grin!

Hannah said...

Seriously could Cameron get any cuter??? Grace lost her first two really early and fast and now it's sort of stopped...hmmm.

I'm glad things are better with Riley, please keep me updated. That is something that I am so not excited for having two girls and remembering my own teenage experiences...yikes! Hang in there.

Have a great time at the lake, tell eveyone "hello" for us and your Mom congratulations. we can't wait to hear all about it and see pictures. Any ghost hunting plans for this year? Good luck.....;)

Vanessa said...

So which Katherine is it that found you? What a small world. Yes, I have been a lurker on your blog for months. Since I haven't seen you in person forever, I might was well see you in cyberspace.
Vanessa

Kristin said...

Hi Vanessa!!

It's Katherine Pixon. When she found out which city I live in...she asked me if I knew you. :)

Kristin said...

Oops! I mean Katherine Pixton.

Naomi said...

I knew you back in the mulllet days. . . you were SO hot! I on the other hand, added a perm to my mullet, and the result was quite disasterous. Good times! I also LOVED the "Parent Trap"--definitely a favorite!

Hope you guys have a BLAST at the lake. Give my best to your Mom, can't wait to see and hear all about it!

[alisar] said...

Miss you! I wrapped Eva up in her Sister's Creed blanket today, and thought of my sweet friend Kristin. I hope you're saving my spot in book group. I'm still pushing for a return to Spokane.
Have fun at the lake! Can't wait to her the report.

Kristin said...

Alisa-

There will ALWAYS be a spot for you in book club!! :)