Memorial Day Weekend 2010: Sick and Soggy Edition
The whole week before Memorial Day weekend I was sicker than a dog...I still am. I have some type of bronchial junk. It's horrible and apparently it lasts a long time. Part of last week I had laryngitis which was delightful. I am so ready to be over this stuff!! Then it has been pouring rain for DAYS!! Not just sprinkling...dumping. Not fun. So all outdoor projects that we really needed to get done this last weekend were put on hold. Despite all that...sick and soggy...we still managed to squeeze in some family fun.
Friday night Reilly and I had a fun Girls Night Out. We attended this:
We had an absolute blast!! We were squealing and giggling. We are such ice skating nuts. We had fantastic seats and could almost touch the skaters. It was so much fun to see them up close and personal.We ate tons of junk food and laughed and cheered the night away. We were also coincidentally sitting right next to Kameron's teacher...who is a complete riot...and maybe even a bigger fan than us.
Saturday we braved the wet and cold weather for a trip out to the lake. We had a family birthday party. We celebrated my grandma's 87th birthday and my birthday (which isn't actually until next Saturday.) It was a lot of fun despite the nasty weather. We had great food and lots of laughs.
Anyone ever played this? It was our FAVORITE game as kids. When we were teenagers my mom threw it away to our absolute horror. While Kelley and Elle stayed with us this fall we talked multiple times about what a great game it was and how we would love to find it again. For Kelley's birthday I managed to locate a vintage game online (don't you love that you can find anything on the Internet now?) and it was even the expanded edition!! I have been dying to play it. Kelley brought it and we had quite a wild game. Don't let the kids on the front fool you. This game is CHALLENGING!!
The rest of the weekend we kicked back and relaxed. We watched marathons of both of these shows:

OK...Bear Grylls is clearly insane and yet oddly appealing in a weird bug eating, blood drinking, nut job way.But we also managed to go here...
And did some of this...

2 comments:
Chris and I were suppose to go to Stars on Ice but decided to leave town for the long weekend...I was sad to miss it-especially right after the olympics! I love their performances and the music. Glad you guys had a good time. :)
I didn't even know the stars on ice were in town. It looks like you and Reilly had a great time.
We did not leave our house the entire weekend which is so rare for us but we loved it. Our kids kept asking, "when are we going to the lake?" It never happened. Hopefully this wet spring means we will get a hot and dry summer.
Post a Comment