Monday, October 04, 2010

The Weekend: The Fun, The Good and The Truly UGLY

The weekend stated off great. My mom, Stacey, and I attended the lovely Mad Hatter Vintage Sale at the Five-Mile Grange put on by the wonderful women of Junebug Furniture and Design...vendor friends of ours...and found some fun things. I got several Christmas presents for the girls. Super cute things!! We want to be in that sale next year. We loved it.


Then we had dinner at one of our all-time favorite restaurants...Linnie's Thai. It never disappoints. We also crashed Kelley's book club and I had fun putting my two cents in on the book These is My Words.

Saturday and Sunday were General Conference and we were actually able to watch all sessions. Conference was great and there were some fantastic and inspiring talks. We also ate some delicious food. Our peach crepes were amazing...thank you Tyler. The kids were great and watched all the morning sessions. Reilly even whipped out snicker doodle cookies and Mexican Casserole which was delicious. It was so nice not to have to cook this weekend!!

My favorite talk was given by Elder Larry R. Lawrence of the Seventy:

His talk was for parents of teenagers and the subject was being "courageous parents." I loved it and can't wait to download it onto my Ipod to listen to again.

My favorite quote was from President Uchtdorf. I really loved his talk too.



"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication"

It wasn't until Sunday evening around 7pm when disaster struck...this would be the UGLY part of the weekend. A horrible plumbing nightmare that started with Kameron hopping in the shower and ended at 9pm with a bill of almost $800.



We have had problems with our shower for years and last night everything broke...we had water that couldn't be stopped...the entire faucet sheared off...all the plumbing in the wall was shot. Literally everything had to be replaced...on a Sunday night...for emergency service...for double the pay. I wanted to vomit. Still do. Oh well. What is done is done and that shower has been a disaster for years. Now it works like a dream. A horrible $800 hellish nightmare dream but it is repaired and we can cross another project off our list. Let's hope this week takes a turn for the better!!

4 comments:

Kelley said...

oh my oh my....sorry to hear about the plumbing mishap. I am sure it is a delight not to have the wrench any longer :) It was a pleasure to have you guys stop by our book club meeting. Nice to see you sis- I made Mexican Casserole last week- one of Elle's favorites-what does Reilly use instead of chicken? Great picture of you guys- I wish I could have joined you! xoxo

andrea said...

That is so awful! What a nightmare. Better to have it done now before you it becomes an issue. I was so sad you weren't at the gym this morning. I was dying to discuss Elder Lawrence's talk with you. Glad you had a great weekend (other than the plumbing horror!)

Lara said...

Yikes that is horrible!

Jayni and Jake said...

Kristin! Love looking through your blog! Bryn is so stinkin cute - I can't believe how big she is already. Sorry about the plumber mess - those guys are so darn expensive - I paid about $700 for just one little lousy pipe - crazy! Tell your fam hi! All is well here - we just keep on trekkin. We love you & miss you!