Monday, October 08, 2012

Bryn's First Day of Preschool


We interrupt the travelogue once again for something much more important and exciting!! Bryn started preschool!! The poor kid has been waiting and waiting to go to school. The preschool that she goes to is at Reilly's high school. She goes three days a week for close to two hours. The preschool starts late so that the kids that are enrolled in the Child Development class can get the preschool all set up and the lessons planned. Bryn just loves it!! She has multiple "big buddies"and a "walk-out buddy"...she just thinks it is fantastic. They all know Reilly and boy is Bryn proud of her big sister!!

On Friday it was Orientation and she had a great time and was super excited that several of her little church friends were in her class. I think the LDS church keeps this little preschool afloat...a constant rotation of LDS kids because it is a good little preschool, fantastic teacher, close, and CHEAP!! Currently there is a three year waiting list! Kameron never got in...Ailey was supposedly on the waiting list but somehow wasn't when the time came...Bryn is the first Johnson to actually get in. We called just a few days after she was born to put her on the list and we checked in regularly to make sure that she was still on the waiting list!! :)

Orientation
The big day finally arrived... I felt a little sad...not the euphoria I thought I might feel at having a little time to myself. Bryn is a really easy-going kid and self-entertaining so having her home is pretty great but I knew that she was ready to have a fun adventure this year.


Here she is laughing saying "Enough pictures!! I NEED TO GO TO SCHOOL!!"
Here she is marching on in.
She did great and when I got her all situated she said "Bye Mom!! See you later." No tears or pleading with me to stay. That is 4 for 4. I must be a REALLY boring mom because they have all been very happy to go to school. Not one cryer.
 

0 comments: