Hey Hey It's Spring Break and the weather is LOVELY!! That almost never happens here. Seriously. I am really thankful that we aren't going anywhere...except the lake. I am glad with our little jaunts to Utah and Yakima the past few weeks that we are now just able to hang out and enjoy...and spring clean. Woohoo.
Easter came and went and it was an absolutely gorgeous and highly enjoyable one. The day was sunny and warm. Perfection.
The night before Tyler and the two little girls had a great time dyeing Easter Eggs. I was thrilled with the nice weather and that this little project could be done outside in the back yard. Woohoo.
We had a leisurely Easter morning this year due to our late start church and were able to enjoy a delicious breakfast and see what the Easter Bunny left for the kids.
| Kid #1 |
Some of the older kids do not like these early morning pictures but... guess what? It's tradition and I think they are cute!!
| Kid #2 |
| Kid #3 |
| Kid #4 |
We even had time to have a mini-FHE all about the Savior and the gratitude we feel for His Atonement and Resurrection. That got us off on a great start and we looked forward to heading to church.
This year was a non-coordinating year. Boo hoo for Mom. Nobody wanted to be matchy-matchy. Not even Ailey and Bryn. Correction...Bryn wanted to match but Ailey didn't. They all looked pretty darn cute anyway.
After Church we headed directly to the lake to meet up with family for an Easter Egg Hunt and Feast. Again...the weather was perfection. The ice is gone and the water looked beautiful. Everyone was hanging out outside and soaking in that sunshine.
Even my Grandma was enjoying the sunshine. It is hard to believe that in about a month she turns 90. It probably doesn't feel like it was that long ago when SHE was the excited little girl running around hunting Easter eggs at the lake with her sisters. Her dad, my Grandpa Miley, put on a world class Easter egg hunt. I remember hunting Easter eggs with my cousins that he would hide. He did such a great job that sometimes we wouldn't find one or two until the summer. What a awesome surprise when you would come upon an Easter egg in July. A fun...yet super smelly surprise. My Grandma said that it was REALLY hard to believe that her little kids are now the Grandmas and Grandpas. I am sure that is true. Time...it's passage is beautiful and yet so melancholy. As I watched her smile to herself I just knew that she was hearing other voices and laughter and remembering Easters past. I love her.
All the little kids were super excited to head out and get started. We could barely contain them in the kitchen while the dads and big kids hid the eggs.
Brynnie was super speedy!! It was hard to get a picture of her. This was all I got. Video worked much better. Remember last year when she didn't get it and she and Elle just stood there at the Easter egg hunt in Palouse and only collected about 2 eggs a piece? Well she got it this year!! Check out that basket!!
Cousins after the egg hunt. They are getting so big!!
Elle and Bryn...weren't they just born? ;)
| River, Gavin, Elle and Bryn |
Then it was time to dance off some of that delicious dinner and all that chocolate. The kids filmed video after video of themselves doing the Harlem Shake. It was hilarious.
| Here they are watching themselves. Ha ha. |
For Grace who asked me to put these on my blog. I happily oblige!! :)
See below: (these were all filmed with the Harlem Shake App and it doesn't do the best job but oh well.)
Reilly goes first:
Grace goes first:
Bryn goes first:
Ailey goes first:
| This picture is a little weird with the lighting and all that sunshine streaming in... but I love it!! |
Happy Easter!!

0 comments:
Post a Comment