Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Christmas Time Is Here


Christmas Time Is Here


Where to begin? It feels like the calm before the holiday storm. All kinds of things kick in...parties, recitals, concerts, and activities... this weekend and continue through January 2nd. I am trying to enjoy the lull. My house is decorated. I am 2/3 done with my Christmas shopping and I have yet to start my holiday baking. It's kind of nice in the lull.

au natural


This year we purchased a fresh 7ft. Noble pine. We always do a fresh tree in our living room and I am happy to report that it still smells so good. We are seriously considering purchasing a faux tree from Taipan Trading whenever we are next in SLC because I really want a flocked tree for our living room and to pay to have a fresh tree flocked around here is ridiculous. So next year faux it may be...


We've managed to put up three trees...and believe me...if I could cram another one in I would. I am on the hunt for cute little trees for my kids bedrooms. When I was little my mom would put a cute little tree in my bedroom. I loved it!! I have wanted to do that every year but I am super picky and 17 years later I am still searching for the perfect trees. (Reilly has had a little tree in her room from time to time over the years...but not all of the kids.) Also, if I put a tree in one room, I need to put one in all the bedrooms... so the hunt continues.

#1
#2

#3   


Things are getting festive...

We've started our Christmas book advent. This has to be one of my very favorite traditions. Even Reilly loves it when it is her night to pick the book and the whole family gathers together and reads. Every year I add a new book and it is always exciting to see who will pick it.



My favorite book for the kids to open is The Gift of the Magi which was a gift from my Mom to me when I was a little girl. The kids don't share my affection...it is long...the writing is not easy to understand...but the message gets me every time. Seriously. I love it.




This is like our own little gifts of the magi. Little heart felt gifts from Ailey and Bryn. On Sunday morning there was a lot of giggling and whispering going on as these two planned and wrapped special gifts to give to the family. Not having any money of their own to spend, they searched through both of their belongings to find special items that they would part with to give to their family members. They are giddy with joy to give out these presents on Christmas morning. I know what a few of these gifts are and they really did think hard about each gift for each family member and each one is something that person needs, or would appreciate, and each one is filled with love and sacrifice.

Don't you love the magic of Christmas?

0 comments: