April Happenings
The months just fly by and it seems like I always find myself playing catch up at the end of the month. Oh well. What can you do?
Bryn got her Kindergarten immunizations. Three shots and a finger prick. These have been looming over her head and worrying her for months. She ended up doing great and got tons of stickers and tattoos from the doctor's office for being so brave and was rewarded with Baskin-Robbins ice cream. Here she is enjoying their Spiderman 2 flavor and rocking the blue teeth.
Next up was a trip to the dentist for all four kids. Turns out Bryn needs an appliance put in for her cross bite, Ailey got a referral to an orthodontist for braces, and Reilly had two cavities. Yehaw. Not my favorite trip to the dentist.
Kameron, Ailey, and Bryn were all in the "No Cavity Club" but Kameron refused to pose with the bear. Party pooper.
Kameron had another 6 month check and ultrasound on his kidney and things looked good. The scarring that was visible last time wasn't visible this time. Hallelujah. His kidneys seem to be doing fine. He will have another check in another 6 months. All this hell for breaking his arm at the Father/Sons campout last year!! Good grief. I have banned it this year!!
Ailey got her costume for the ballet recital. They are doing The Nutcracker. She is one of the Polichinelles...the girls that come out from under Mother Ginger's skirt. She's excited. Both Ailey and Bryn have little solo parts this year. They are thrilled.
This is my new favorite snack...Salt and Pepper Pistachios. Delicious and addictive.
This was a sight for sore eyes and becoming a rather elusive animal these days. Reilly doing homework. Had.To.Document.
| Daddy/Daugher Quesadilla Night |
A lot of cooking is being done around here, and very little of it is being done by me, which is delightful. Some how cooking has taken a big tumble down my list of "things I feel like doing"...hopefully someday my cooking mojo will return.
Bryn tried out a recipe she saw on Tiger's Neighborhood (her favorite show) called Banana Swirl. She made both regular and a raspberry banana one. I thought they were both gruesome but she snarfed them down.
Ailey grating cheese. She is cheerfully exclaiming in this picture... "I didn't grate my finger once!!" We are all thrilled about that. Don't you love her school outfit? Pearls and all. This kid takes after her mother!!
Here is a meal that I actually did make and boy was it good. I will call it my "meal of the month". Asian Bowtie Spinach Pasta Salad. Holy Moly. Everyone liked it. You can find this recipe on my pinterest board called"Things I have actually made and liked"... catchy huh? It was delicious.
Kameron got his first job. He was hired by our across the street neighbor to mow, weed wack, and pooper scoop their yard once a week through the end of summer. He earns $20 a week. That is like a million dollars to him. He has already paid for his share of scout camp! Pretty cool.
Bryn saw this beauty on Facebook and said...very seriously... "Mom, please never let that happen to us." Ha ha! Apparently she didn't have that much faith in me because she also made me pinkie promise.
Another cute picture of Ailey...just because.
Sisters Creed had a vintage show in Omak, WA. You can read about it HERE. On our way there, we got to see the Grand Coulee Dam. Interesting...especially for Tyler...as he does dam inspections as part of his job these days. Tyler came along for the weekend while Reilly babysat the kids at home. It felt like a fun little getaway...nice hotel, good restaurants, a fun show, and money in the bank. Nice!
Everything is more fun when Tyler comes along!!
Track season has started for the boy. So fun and, at times, nerve wracking to watch...especially for moms. Kameron does HURDLES this year!! Luckily I had my friend, Valynn, for emotional support. Ha ha. On a side note, Kameron was only one of two 7th graders from his school running hurdles...the rest were 8th graders.
Kam loves track and now that the nerves of the first meet are out of the way I am looking forward to seeing what he can do this year. He really impressed me with his cross-country season and so I am sure that track will be the same. Uncle Ramon was giving him pointers over the phone after his first meet. Can't wait for Uncle Ramon to be here in the same town... and Jordi too. Kam is growing and maturing so fast. It is crazy. He also started marching band so that has been a fun and interesting experience for him. He marches in his first parade this weekend!!
More track pics:
Next time I will try to get him hurdling or in mid hurdle... I had my head down and eyes closed for part of the event. But the kid cleared them all!! Some kids fell and others knocked over hurdles so I consider his performance quite a success!!
I've been doing more yard work than you can imagine. Good grief. I'm exhausted and there is still more to do. I thought I was on top of things this fall. Clearly not. This is me laying/lying down on my front yard...yes...front yard. Sure cars were whizzing by, neighbors were gawking, my kids were mortified and mocking. Whatev. I took a selfie.
Until next time...

0 comments:
Post a Comment