February Fun
February is always a bright jewel in my year. I hate winter but I don't mind the month of February. It is a short bright month after a long, cold, and dark January. February is bright with reds and pinks, love, birthdays, and all around fun. Then before you know it it is March and Spring is on it's way.
This February got off to a great start... Tyler's birthday, a trip to Portland, Valentine's Day, tax returns, Tyler's bonus, an inheritance from Tyler's Uncle Steve, a friend's baby shower, several lunches with friends, and other fun things. February was a good time!
Here's what we did:
Tyler took Ailey and Bryn to the Daddy Daughter Dance. They were in heaven and loved every single minute!! They danced the night away with their daddy and had the time of their lives.
Official Photo...How cute is that? I love it!
Ailey and Bryn wanted to wear one of their matching dress sets and they wanted Tyler to wear a matching tie so he borrowed that one from Kameron and happily color coordinated with them.
They also wanted to wear lipstick and I said "Why the heck not!" So here they are rockin' the red lipstick.
I LOVE this red coat that Bryn is wearing. It is a gorgeous vintage wool coat from the 1930's and made in Paris. It is all around fabulous. My mom found it in a thrift store when Reilly was a baby and she snapped it right up. It is so beautifully made and the lining is fabulous. All three of my girls have worn it to church every Sunday during the winter and it has held up beautifully. This is probably the last year Bryn can wear it. It makes me so sad. I guess I will have to pack it away for future granddaughters. Isn't it cute, though? And...so is the little sweetie wearing it!!
While Tyler and the girls were away and Reilly was working...Kameron and I had a mother/son night and it was awesome!! We had a great time!! We made our favorite movie watching junk food, a big pan of Texas Trash, and drank lots of Dr. Pepper. We watched two movies in a row and laughed our heads off!!
I would like the record to state that Kameron had other offers from friends to go and hang out but he CHOSE to hang out with me!! I couldn't believe it. He chose a mother and son night over his friends. That is a good kid!! We've already been planning our next one.
Then the Science Fair pretty much took over our lives. Ailey was stoked to participate this year. Tyler loves helping the kids with their science projects and I gladly turned the project over to both of them.
One of their data collecting nights. Ailey was very official with her clipboard as you can see.
More experimentation and data collection
Such a cute little scientist!!
Finally the big day arrived and it was time to turn that thing in!! Hallelujah.
Up close
Ailey presenting her project.
All of our children have loved participating in the science fair regardless of the outcome which is a good thing because I am PROUD to say that Ailey has continued our family's 30 plus year losing streak!! Woohoo... and she loved it anyway!! I ask you Science Fair committee what does it take to be a winner? We have given you years of moldy cheese experiments that scarred our family for life, sink and floats, elaborate wind energy generation projects, my two losing entries about the dangers of smoking and photosynthesis from childhood, and all of Tyler's...who was super sciency and stuff... elaborate projects and still nothing but losers. (Bryn, you are our final hope for that coveted blue ribbon! Our family's hopes and science dreams are now in your hands. Redeem our family name. Something tells me you are just the girl to do it! When I think of how fast you learned to tie your shoes and were potty trained I know that you are clearly the genius of the bunch.)
Kameron at the science fair. When he wasn't cruising chicks...true story...he was off with Ailey's friend's big sister most of the time. He stopped by our table to stuff his face with pizza and pose for a quick picture with Brynnie.
This was the highlight from the science fair for Bryn...
Bryn's dream since she was about three has been to play the cello. She talks about it non stop. That night at the school, the kids could try out all kinds of instruments, and Bryn was LOVING IT!! She played and played that cello so nicely, gently, and reverently. It was so cute!!
Ailey requested this picture because regardless of winning or losing she thought she looked GOOD that night!! She was right. Ha ha!!
Ailey's social life has been in full swing as you can plainly see...
Ailey's got a good close group of friends and they have been having a great time this month!!
This kid is no slouch either. Here he is being honored for making Honor Roll at a special ceremony last week. Nice job Kamers!! He also had a band performance at the high school and did a fantastic job. He has also been all over town getting donations for the big scout auction coming up. He's a busy guy.
What's Reilly been up to you ask? With seminary, school, work, and this guy we don't see her very much. Good thing Instagram keeps me up to date.
Yep. That's what the second half of your senior year looks like I guess.
So, yeah. It's been a fun month of date nights, several lunch dates with friends, a sweet baby shower...the baby is coming tomorrow!! And all kinds of good stuff.
And then there was this:
The dress is white and gold!!
But if you are interested:
Tyler: blue and black
Reilly: blue and black
Kameron: purplish and brown
Ailey: purplish and brown
Bryn; white and gold
AND...now it's March and THIS GIRL is FORTY!!
Happy Birthday Stacey!!

0 comments:
Post a Comment