Friday, October 02, 2015

September

So Long September

Part 1: Funky Junk and Labor Day Weekend

Today is October 1st. I know so many people love Autumn and I love it's beauty and color but I'm a summer girl. October is like Sunday night to me. I still get the Sunday night willies. I don't know if it is anxiety or stress about the week ahead or thoughts of all that needs to be done. Who knows. I have just never enjoyed Sunday night. The weekend is over and it's time to get back to business. That is what October is to me. A real reminder that Winter is coming. (Winter is a Monday...Spring is a Wednesday...Summer is Friday night. I know, I'm weird.) So while I love pumpkins and colorful leaves and sweater weather, I still wish it was summer.

Onto September which was a fleeting golden gem. This September we had gorgeous weather all month. It's been nice and warm. Sweet! First up in September was Labor Day Weekend. I had a vintage show in Sandpoint, Idaho so all of our family spent the weekend at my mom's house. The Funky Junk Antiques Show that is put on by my friend, Jennifer Wood, is one of my favorite shows to participate in. She always does such an amazing job. It's not super big and it's not too small. It's always fun and it always makes for a nice holiday weekend.


Look how cool this entry display was!! Jennifer's husband, Nathan, built this pioneer style house out of salvaged materials to be the focal point of the show. It was awesome!! He and Jennifer are so creative and we love them dearly.


I completely fell in love with this beauty!! Look how amazing this giant doll house is?! This is my childhood dream of a doll house and still is. I would've snapped it right up if it wasn't about the size of my house already. Ha ha! Lucky for me, my mom bought it for the grandkids. I was thrilled!! We chatted the whole show about how we were going to decorate the rooms.


I can't wait to get started on this!! I texted a picture to my daughters including Reilly and they couldn't believe how awesome it was, then when I texted them that grandma bought it they were squealing with joy. When they saw it in person you would've thought Santa Clause himself was there. They went crazy!! It will be a fun project for the whole family this winter.

But onto the very best surprise of all...I walked into the building on set-up day and couldn't believe my eyes when I saw my sister-in-law Meki standing there with my new little nephew Kirin. We saw them in SLC two weeks before and so I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Then I saw my brother Kirk grinning at me and I lost it. Tears were flowing. Then as I was hugging them someone grabbed me from behind and it was REILLY!! They had come up for a surprise visit over the holiday weekend and had brought Reilly with them. That has been the very best surprise that I have ever had!! The ugly cry and happy sobbing occurred. Family really is everything!! Tyler and the kids hadn't arrived yet so they got to surprise them too by jumping out of a closet at my mom's house. It was the absolute best!! There really is nothing better than my family all under one roof.


Grandma Vic and Kam...her arm still hasn't healed. She may need yet another surgery. Poor lady!


Me and my number one lugger and lifter of heavy furniture!! Kameron too. We treated them to Mexican food for all their hard work.


Yep, still the awkward selfies!! Where do we look?


Then it was onto the show!!


Here is a picture of our triple booth space. I'm on the end with the polka dot rug, Stacey is in the middle and my mom is on the other end. It was a fantastic show!!

Here are a few more pictures of our booth:


This was one of my favorite pieces that I painted for the show...this darling little secretary desk.


It went fast!!



I also loved that marsala colored arm chair that I brought to the show as well. It sold day 1 too.




(Picture taken by Cary Burnett)



After working at the show during the day...we got to have fun with the fam at night.


We had dinner on night at The Dish on Dover Bay. It is one of our favorite restaurants on Lake Pend Oreille.



Terrible picture quality but you feel the love right? We were pretty happy to see this girl of ours!!


Then we got to go back to my mom's house and cuddle our cute nephew...


We are all so in love with baby Kirin.










Our show was a two day show...so we worked during the day and played at night. It was so much fun to have Kirk and Meki and at least part of their family with them.


Ailey and Bryn stopping by the show to see how things were going and to do a little shopping. They can't wait to help out with our business when they get older. I love it!


It was nice to have all the extra help at tear down too. Kirk and Reilly were some much needed hands and muscles. It was an absolutely fantastic weekend. I hated saying goodbye to Kirk and his family and especially to Reilly. But I love knowing that she is so happy in Provo!! I really appreciate Kirk and Meki bringing her with them.



We stopped by the lake on our way home to see my Grandma and to tell her goodbye. She has taken kind of a down hill slide and has since moved to Southern Idaho to be closer to my Aunt Marji. My Grandma is doing amazingly well now and I am so happy that she is happy being there. It sounds like it is the perfect situation for her. She has old friends at her assisted living place. One of my cousins works there and so she gets a lot of visits from family and high quality care. I also love that she now can attend church regularly because they hold Sacrament Meeting at her assisted living place. I miss her though and the lake is definitely not the same.


We popped our favorite bubbly...brought straight from Utah...to celebrate a wonderful weekend and a successful show. We can't find Cold Duck anywhere in Spokane anymore. Boo :(  We also can't find Danish Dessert to make pies and fillings here either...or Apple Beer or Stephen's Cherry Chocolate Hot Chocolate and a bunch of other weird things. Reilly will have to be our little supplier. :)

Next up: Cross Country and More Cross Country

0 comments: