February: Things I am Loving
1.) Dell Kids FB Page
At the start of February one of my good friends from Springdell started a private FB page for all of our friends from the dell. It is awesome!! Most of the kids I grew up with are all on it. Memories are being shared, fun times discussed, dell traditions talked about, and lots of fun interactions. It is the BEST!! I love the way that it has reconnected all of us. It is pure joy!!
2.) Pandora 80s New Wave
The entire trip to Portland Tyler and I rocked out to the Pandora 80s New Wave station. It is THE.BEST. I have to say that 80's music still holds up. Every song that came on I was like, "I LOVE this song!! It is currently my workout music as well. I love it!!
3.) Milkis Korean Soda
I hate milk so who knew that I would love to drink a *milky* (not really) Korean soda. I have been loving this stuff for about 2 years now but it is a little hard to find. I rediscovered it in February at one of our more obscure Asian markets here in Spokane. I wish the one that I always shop at had it but they don't. Anyway whenever we are in this part of town I love to stock up. It sounds weird but it is so good!! My favorite flavor is the vanilla. It tastes kind of like a 7-up and vanilla ice cream float when the ice cream has melted except it isn't thick or creamy. It's so good!! Tyler likes the Strawberry flavor and I like that one too. It is my second favorite. Try it! You will like it.
4.) Magnifying Mirror (s)
I feel like I need to write a blog post about "Horrifying things that happen once you hit forty..." or "Things no one told me would happen once I hit 40..." or "Things I didn't believe would happen to ME after I hit 40 and obnoxiously DID..." These are all tales of horror. If you are over 35 (don't even wait for 40 for this one)...and you don't own a magnifying mirror you need to buy one this very minute! You have no idea what you are going out into the world looking like. BE WARNED...it's terrifying. So much hair that the regular bathroom mirror misses. Sometimes the car mirror points things out but NOTHING like the sad truthfulness of the magnifying mirror. Hair, pores, wrinkles, zits, black heads...you name it and you've got it. (Yes, YOU!!) You think you look good...but you don't. Get a magnifying mirror ASAP. It's a flat-out hideous sight. You'll see. I now even have an additional portable one that I throw in my make-up bag for on-the-go. You're welcome.
5.) Reilly broke up with Justin
This really should be number one and with huge block letters and a million exclamation points. Just know that that is the joy I feel. Maybe throw in a ticker tape parade and a marching band and fireworks. Justin is an okay kid who comes from a completely psycho family and it is time for him to move on. The final break up (fingers crossed) occurred about two weeks ago and it was a week of high drama. Mainly from his freaky family who felt the need to get involved...so much so that then Tyler had to get involved... and actually had tell Justin's ridiculous dad to stop calling Reilly at work multiple times a day and harassing her amongst all kinds of other unbelievable things. At one point in the conversation Tyler actually uttered these words to Justin's dad, "Are you threatening me!?" FOR REALS. (And yes he was threatening Tyler and our daughter and our family) Aren't you jealous that you don't have a teenager daughter in a crazy dysfunctional relationship with a boy from a psychotic white trash family? Good times. Good-bye Justin...good riddance...God bless.




0 comments:
Post a Comment