March: Things I Am Loving
This really seems like old news as I am so late in posting. Again...oh well.
1.) My mom is alive. Definitely #1.
2.) Cadbury Creme Eggs
Who knew that these were so divisive? You either love them or you hate them apparently. There is no middle ground. They are completely despised by everyone in my family...except for me. Who could hate that creamy goodness? I remember I was in 3rd grade when they came out. Heavens. I was smitten. They have only been rivaled by the invention of Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs.
These beauties came out when I was in college. Also despised by my children. What the?! They only like sour and gummy things. They aren't chocolate fans. I'm not either but I make an exception at Easter. This year the Easter Bunny kindly replaced all their nasty jelly beans which they also hate with high quality treats and was very generous with the Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs...no one wanted them. Weirdos.
3.) The Goldbergs
I simply can't get enough. I ADORE this show!! It has me crying with laughter every episode. Last week Reilly and I had to watch an episode online simultaneously and text our comments back and forth while we watched. It was the episode where Adam learns magic. Dying with laughter!! If you don't find this show funny...you are made of stone.
4.) The Jesus Storybook Bible by Sally Lloyd-Jones
I heard about this book on a podcast with the author. I was intrigued by her interview and looked up her book. It is so highly rated. I am always looking for ways to make the scriptures come alive for our kids. I put this book on hold at the library and thought I could read it at night with Bryn. I simply CANNOT tell you how much I love this book. Some nights I would have Bryn read it to me while I was making dinner and some nights I would read it to her. Somehow whenever we would read it the whole family would end up coming around and listening. It tells the stories from the Bible in a short story form and ties every story to the Savior. I love it. It is perfect for bedtime reading. I loved how the author told these familiar stories. I was surprised at the insight I gained from this simple children's book and from the same bible stories that I have read a million times over. Several times someone in our family would say "I never thought about it like that..." or "I never realized that"... that is especially saying something coming from kids that read the scriptures on their own and with their family nightly. When reading the book aloud myself I often felt the Spirit so strongly that I was moved to tears. It's wonderful. On Easter we read the account right out of this book. I cannot say enough. The book is wonderful, funny, entertaining, enlightening, and moving. I am buying it ASAP. I would say that it is a great book for the whole family not just small kids. The only thing that I didn't totally love were the illustrations but I am really picky about children's book illustrations so take that with a grain of salt. Highly recommend!!
5.) Lamb of God composed by Rob Gardner performed by the London Symphony Orchestra
This made our Easter!! Easter came the week after St. Patrick's day and my mother's hospitalization. Life was crazy and chaotic. I was not feeling all Easter-y. Our stake put on this musical production the week before Easter for the community. It was amazing. Kameron went with friends one night and came home a changed person. He immediately upon arriving home found the songs on YouTube and had us listen to them. Tears... It was so good. We immediately bought the album on Itunes. It is fantastic. It totally made our Easter. We listened to it over and over again. It is so beautiful. It tells the story of the last days in the life of Jesus Christ through the eyes and experiences of those who loved Him and knew Him best...Peter, John, Thomas, Mary and Martha, Mary Magdalene, and His mother, Mary. There is fantastic narration, thirteen soloists, and the most gorgeous music imaginable. It has changed me too. It has deepened my understanding and appreciation of the Atonement so much. Buy this album. You will love it. It is stunning. You can also listen to it on Spotify.




0 comments:
Post a Comment