Wednesday, July 13, 2016

June

June

What more can I add? June was crazy fun. Birthdays, a surprise visit from Reilly, Farm Chicks, fun times with friends, Father's Day, 6th grade promotion, the last day of school...it had all the things...and a few more.


Kameron had his final band concert of the year and lettered in band.


Ailey had middle school orientation. She was not a fan. She is worried about lockers and showers and getting to all her classes on time...all the things I freaked out about too. She is also in Advanced English and got homework for the summer. She was thrilled. :)


The kids all had dental appointments and some how none of them were on the same day. Ugh. On the day that Kameron had his appt. I pulled up to drop him off at school after his appointment and this is what we saw. A full hazmat response. Nothing warms a mother's heart like seeing THIS at her child's school. What is the world coming to?  Needless to say we kept right on going and went to lunch instead. Turns out there was an HVAC malfunction that caused some people to feel sick and need to be treated... but good grief! After keeping Kameron home for the rest of the day we went to pick up the girls and guess what was parked outside of their school?


You've got to be kidding me?! Someone got hurt at school and was being wheeled out to the ambulance that was also there. Kameron jumped out and ran back to tell me, "Don't worry Mom. It's a boy. The girls are fine." Hallelujah. Am I going to have to home school? My nerves can't take it anymore.


We had a family yard sale at my sister Kelley's house. I know. I said never again. Never say never. It's hard to tell but there was a lot of good stuff. :) My mom, Stacey, Kelley, and I all contributed. I would say that it was our most successful yard sale yet. That said, I still hated it and dread ever doing one again. We did have some super cute helpers though.

Bryn, Ailey, and River

Elle was helping too but she got picked up by her dad before this picture was taken. They had a great time!


All my profits pretty much went to purchase this from... guess who...my sister Kelley!! It is down in Kameron's room and we *share* it. It is nice that on the days that I literally can't drag my butt to the gym I have another option.


The kids had 40 million field trips. There is Ailey front center on her big 6th grade trip to Silverwood Amusement Park. Why do they wait and do all the field trips the last two weeks of school?

It was also the school picnic. That is the day when parents can come and have lunch with their kids out on the playground. This I turn over to Tyler. (I am happy to do it too!!) It only took one child going through elementary school before Tyler refused to eat any more of the nasty *picnic* food that the school provides and started bring fast food for himself and the kids. They love it! This year it was Taco Bell.



This year the girls' lunch times were super spread out so Tyler got to eat a special lunch with Ailey and then he had time to go back to Taco Bell for a second time and bring fresh (I use that term loosely) Taco Bell to Elle and Bryn and eat a second lunch with them. Ha ha!! They loved it so much!


They had face painting too!!


Reilly is loving her roommates and Provo and her new single status. She has a new job and is still plugging away at Paul Mitchell. Life is pretty grand for her right now.


Bryn and I had a fun day with friends at the park. I got to hang out with my friend (the mom) all afternoon and chat the day away while Bryn ran around and played with her friends (the kids) all afternoon. Win-Win.


Kam took off for youth conference and three days of white water rafting in Montana. He had an AWESOME TIME!!


A few gems from youth conference that came to me from all kinds of sources. Ha ha!!







We've been getting a lot of projects done around the house. It's delightful!! :)


Now that the weather is nice we have been going on a lot of family walks after dinner. Our favorite is up on the ridge. So gorgeous!!







We live in a gorgeous place!!

June was also filled with kids that we love graduating from high school, going to several Eagle Scout Courts of Honor for kids that we love, going to the wedding receptions of kids we love (How is that possible!?), seeing good friends and enjoying the joy that is the month of June.

I hope that June was a good month for you too!!

0 comments: