May: Things I am Loving
1.) Rhubarb
It is rhubarb season and I am thrilled!! I love rhubarb!! Sadly, I did not grow up eating it. In fact, I had my first taste when I was married and pregnant with Reilly. A man that I worked with brought in some rhubarb cut up like celery sticks and had me taste it. It was love at first bite. In fact, it was the one thing that I CRAVED while pregnant with Reilly. Luckily my sweet co-worker would bring me raw cut up rhubarb every night. Delicious. I now have a huge rhubarb plant in my yard and it keeps me stocked up all year long. My family loves it and we eat it a million different ways. Reilly in particular loves it...just like she did in utero. When she was in town she made us the most divine rhubarb cobbler and it was so delicious that we had her make it for us twice. I make rhubarb compote all the time and we eat it over pancakes, waffles, ice cream, in crepes, and cold out of the fridge with a spoon. Love it!!
2.) Lilacs
The queen of all the flowers and the smell of heaven!! My favorite flowers finally bloomed. I enjoyed every last second of their luscious sights and smells.
3.) Bitmojis
Tyler made bitmojis of us and it amuses us to no end to send annoying and irritating ones to our children!! It.Never.Gets.Old. You too can make your own annoying yet awesome bitmojis HERE. There are hundreds of them...it's a delight...especially if you have teenagers.
4.) Aloha Island Grill
This is hands down my favorite place to get take out from in Spokane. Aloha Island Grill. It is the best! The people there know us, sadly, and our order. Often they allow Tyler to sauce our food himself. (The saucing is CRITICAL.) Tyler has a special sauce combination that he learned from an old employee years ago and that is how it must be done. I don't know why but for the first few years we lived here we could never remember the name of this place. We always called it Hula Hut. (Perhaps there is a Hula Hut in Utah where we moved from??) Anyway...15 years later we still call it Hula Hut. May was super busy and super crazy and cooking was not happening. Hula Hut aka Aloha Island Grill came to the rescue more times than you can imagine.
5.) Hiking
Yes, we are back on the trails and loving it!!



0 comments:
Post a Comment