I am super behind on blogging but it's summer and whatever... I will eventually catch up. I still need to write about my grandma's memorial service and my Nana's memorial service and a few other things. I will get to them eventually. Onto June...
June started out with Farm Chicks our biggest vintage show of the year. It requires so much work and preparation and then it is over in the blink of an eye. Farm Chicks was fantastic as usual and worth all of the time and preparation. It is always so much fun!!
Set-up day for Farm Chicks is always crazy but it is so fun to see a whole bunch of our vendor friends all in one place and to catch up with them. I wish that I took more pictures...I always wish that...but it really is such an incredibly busy day trying to get everything set up for the big show and in a limited amount of time. But I did get a couple of pictures. It's kind of like going back to school when show season starts up again and you get to see all of your friends.
I love my friend Brettnie from Pickin' Daisies. We have done A LOT of shows together over the years and have made some hilarious memories together..aka SOMERS!! She is awesome!!
I love the Walkers!! We have been doing shows with Jennifer and Kathy of Unexpected Necessities since our very first show. Their booth is where my daughters spend all of their money. They always have fun vintage toys, books, dolls, and all kinds of great things.
Here are a few pictures from our booth:
| From the front |
We had a fantastic show and did great! It is always so nice to get such positive feedback from customers and to see what they love and to hear their stories. I love this business!!
A happy customer!!
I turned 45. My birthday always falls around...if not on...Farm Chicks weekend. It is kind of a bummer because we are so busy and it always just gets lost in the shuffle. Usually I have a family birthday dinner out at a nice restaurant with my mom, sisters, and Tyler...sometimes the kids...sometimes not... on the first night after Farm Chicks. This year my mom nixed that idea. She felt that she had too much going on already. I was pretty bummed. But I did have a great celebration with my own family and they did a good job of making me feel special and celebrated.
We had an awesome night on the town shopping, eating a fabulous dinner, going to see the movie Wonder Woman, and stopping for shakes and fries super late that night. We had a great time!!
Tyler had my favorite birthday cake from my favorite bakery waiting for me. A salted caramel cake from Sweet Frostings Bakery. It was fabulous!! See photo at the top of this post.
This was so funny!! How crazy is it when your daughters pick out and give you the exact same birthday card even though one daughter lives in Utah and sent it via the mail and the other girls live in WA and picked it out themselves at the store?! Genetics are awesome. I guess I really must be an AMAZING mom!! Ha ha!! The girls gave me a fun subscription for a FitFabFun box and Kameron gave me his own gift of two of my very favorite things!!
I love orchids and mochi!! My favorites!! That kid gets me. Tyler did a great job of spoiling me. Such sweet kids and family. It was a great day with birthday wishes, gifts, and cards from friends and family.
Kameron had another band concert and it was impossible to get a picture of him or even a decent video from where we were sitting but suffice it to say...he did a great job! We are super proud of his hard work and dedication. He loves playing the trumpet and loves being a part of the music department. Both he and Reilly really found their niche in high school via band and choir. Speaking of choir... Ailey had her end of the year choir concert.
| Waiting for the choir concert to begin. |
Bryn's activity day girls had a Mother/Daughter activity. Elle has been coming with Bryn so Kelley got to come too which was fun. We did a bunch of funny games and then played a version of the Newlywed Game but with mothers and daughters. Bryn and I won our round and Kelley and Elle were right behind us in second place. :)
Ailey had her first duties as a Web Leader at her school. She got to lead tours, guide. advise, direct, and welcome the incoming 6th graders that were coming for middle school orientation. She was so excited that she was assigned her old elementary school as one of her groups.
Such a cute Web Leader!! Ailey is perfect for this...she is kind, nurturing, welcoming, friendly and enthusiastic. She will do great with all those incoming 7th graders.
Bryn had her spring piano recital:
It was held at the Steinway gallery in their auditorium. Bryn got to play on a piano that cost $167,000. Pretty cool. Bryn played The Oompa Loompa song from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. She did such a fantastic job! She loves piano and has had a great first year. She still loves to practice every day. Yay!
Here is a snippet of her performance:
Ailey's choir went to Silverwood amusement park and got to perform and spend the day. She had a great time with all of her choir friends!!
The elementary school had their end of the year school picnic. Our kids love this day because Tyler always comes to have lunch with them and brings them fast food. A double treat. Tyler had a great time hanging out and having lunch with Bryn and Elle. He brought Taco Bell and Strawberry slushies!!
They had a great time!!
Then on June 16th the last day of school FINALLY arrived:
Bryn and Elle saying goodbye to the wonderful Mrs. Skladany. We have had such an amazing year with her. I wish all of my other kids had gotten her as a teacher. She is fantastic. Bryn was in tears and so was Mrs. Skladany!! I love our elementary school. It really says something about the staff and the students that kids were crying their eyes out on the last day of school. That is something that I NEVER did!! When I was a kid and that bell rang on the last day of school I ran out of the school shrieking with joy. I never shed a tear nor looked back!
This was the last year that these two will be together. Kelley and Elle are moving and Elle will be going to another school on the other side of town. I think it is going to be a bit of an adjustment for both Elle and Bryn. They have not only been at the same school since Kindergarten but in the very same class for all three years. They really depend on one another but it will also be good for them to grow and become independent as well.
Elle, Bryn, and Naomi
Bryn and Elle with their friend Peyton
| Then they were jumping for joy! |
Then we were off to pick up Ailey from middle school...no tears were shed by her!! Ha ha!!
Later 7th grade!!
Kameron was off with his friends as soon as the last bell rang...probably before. We didn't see him until curfew that night!
The rest of the day was spent celebrating with a pizza lunch...and then ice cream...followed by hanging out with friends... and a sleepover for Bryn and Elle at Kelley's house.
![]() |
| Sleepover at Kelley's. |
All of our kids have loved doing this with Tyler. After the camp out the kids always move the tent up onto our deck where it is left all summer to be used as a place for the kids to read, play games, hang out, nap... they love it.
Bryn taking a little afternoon siesta in the tent.
Next up was Father's Day:
We sure love this sweet Dad!!
He is the absolute best and we love and adore him. He works hard and plays hard and makes sure that his kids (and wife) always know how much he loves them. We are so blessed!!
To celebrate Tyler wanted his traditional Father's Day celebration. A picnic at the park after church with our annual croquet tournament. This year we threw in a Kubb tournament too. He also got breakfast in bed and cute cards and treats. His Father's Day gift this year was a kayak and he was so excited about it!!
We were definitely missing Reilly...especially when playing games. She is one fierce competitor.
First up...Kubb. Kameron and I took on Tyler and the little girls.
The victors!!
Then it was time for the game that we were all truly here to play...CROQUET. This game ain't for sissies and, yes, there were tears and swears and mockage and lots of laughter as we all tried our very hardest to beat Tyler. Once again we failed. He is unbeatable. I came in 2nd this year and was super happy about that...I did hold a substantial lead for most of the game and must have gotten a little too cocky because he left me in the dust at the very end of the game. SO.CLOSE.
The master!!
He celebrated his victory with pudding.
Ailey and Bryn decided that this summer they wanted to have...what they call...Bake Club. They made sign up sheets for treats that we would like them to make over the summer. Delightful. It has been fantastic!!
Some of their treats have been:
Cherry Cheesecake Bites
My Grandma Ellersick's famous lemon bars and a few other things like deviled eggs and chocolate chip cookies. They are fabulous bakers!! They are keeping us well fed.
Ailey's 13th Birthday:
It's official. Ailey is a TEENAGER!! What?! It is so hard to believe that our little sweet Ailey has entered the waters of teenagerdom. She still seems so little and innocent. I love it. More on that in a later post.
One of the gifts that she was given was a karaoke machine from Aunt Lori. Ailey and Bryn have been rocking out all summer!!
The youth in our stake participated in Trek:
Kameron headed out for Trek and had an amazing experience! More on that in another post.
We also tuned up all the bikes and bumped Bryn up to the banana seat and Ailey up to the cruiser. We hit the roads and trails again on our bikes. It is so fun to go on bike rides together.
Tyler and I showing the kids how we did things in the 80s. Ha ha.



0 comments:
Post a Comment