I am always happy when February rolls around. There is always a lot going on and fun things to celebrate. We started the month off with Tyler's 47th Birthday! We were EXTRA happy to celebrate it this year!!
The poor man ended up being sick on his birthday. Not cool. We thought that he had the flu despite having had the flu vaccine. He felt pretty miserable. It was extra worrisome due to his compromised immune system with diabetes, heart issues, and now having recently recovered from his brain hemorrhage. He got tested for the flu and luckily the test was negative. THANK GOODNESS! He felt better after about three days. The rest of us got some varied versions of whatever it was but no flu. This flu season has been absolutely terrifying.
Every year Tyler has a Super Bowl birthday party but we decided to scrap it this year because he was feeling so terrible. He started rallying a little bit on Super Bowl Sunday and we managed to throw a little party together for him anyway. He came out of his sick bed to watch the game and to eat some cake and then he crawled back in.
He looked pretty good posing in this picture but this is what he really looked like...poor guy!
Since he felt well enough to come and watch the game, we decided to order pizza, got out some snacks, and put up a table in the living room so that we could eat and watch the game.
We were just so happy that he was feeling even slightly better and that he was here to celebrate his birthday after his terrifying health scare so we partied it up anyway. After the game he headed back to bed and stayed there for another day and then he was on the mend and back to normal. This cold and flu season has been so scary and we have all been sick this month.
On another only slightly less traumatic note... we registered Ailey for HIGH SCHOOL!! What?! No! This is a gut punch every.single.time. Make that a double gut punch because we registered Kameron for his SENIOR year!! Our babies are just growing up at the speed of light. I am excited that Kameron and Ailey will have at least one year together in high school. They are the only Johnson kids that will experience that particular phenomena. They are all too far apart in age. I want Kam to watch out for Ailey. She's so tiny and so innocent. A lamb in the lion's den for sure.
Ailey made Honor Roll this semester and had a special Recognition night at her school and got her picture up on the wall with the other kids who made Honor Roll. Reilly and Kameron were both honor roll students with their pictures on the wall and Ailey was pretty happy to be keeping the family tradition alive. Although she did turn to Bryn and said, "Now it's all on you...don't screw this up!" Ha ha! Poor Brynnie but something tells me that she will have no problem keeping up with her siblings!!
Showing us her picture on the wall of her school with the other Honor Roll students.
Bryn participated in the Science Fair this year. She and Tyler worked on it together. One more Science Fair and we are done. Hallelujah. #fourthkidproblems. Bryn put eggs in containers with water, orange juice, coke, and white vinegar to see what would happen to the egg shell over time. It was quite interesting!
She received two ribbons and was absolutely thrilled!! But not nearly as thrilled as when she got to puncture all the eggs and see what happened to all of them inside and out. Gross.
Kameron was gone every single weekend in February for various band festivals, retreats, and competitions across the state. He was gone four weekends in a row! It was nuts. But he had a great time and his Jazz Orchestra and Wind Ensemble did fantastic!!
Tyler and Bryn got back their official Daddy/Daughter pictures!!
Ailey's drill team performed at half time at the varsity boys basketball game, an assembly, and also at the volleyball smack-down this month. It was fun to see her perform and shine!!
I got hair extensions. I am so glad that I did. My hair was in such bad shape. I didn't get too much extra length...maybe an extra two inches. It was mostly just to thicken my hair. They cost a pretty penny and require a lot of care...but so far they are worth it to me. I'll do a separate post about them.
This is the picture I texted to Tyler from the car after I got them done. Nothing too drastic! No mermaid hair for me...THIS TIME!! When I have to go through the whole process again...not just the adjustments...I will go longer. Why not? Maybe not mermaid...aka Bryn hair...but longer just for fun.
Tyler whisk me away for a little romantic getaway at a fabulous hotel downtown the weekend after I got back from Las Vegas. We had such a great time! It was a belated birthday celebration for him. It was the absolute best!! Can my life be spent traveling the world with my man and staying at luxury hotels?! #goals
I love room service!
While Tyler and I were on our romantic getaway and Kameron was out of town...Reilly came and stayed with the girls at our house. They had another awesome sisters weekend. They made multiple kinds of slime, had movie marathons, more make-overs and beauty treatments, and even made...unicorn macaroni and cheese.
They all swear that it was delicious...hmmm...I'm not sure about that!! But they all had fun together and Tyler and I really appreciated Reilly helping out. :)
I worked out at the gym with my little work-out buddy...and Tyler too!!
In February we watched the Olympics...somewhat... The events that we did watch were fun but they are on at such a late time here and life is so busy that we didn't watch as much of the Olympics as we have in the past. Are the Olympics dying? So many people don't seem to care anymore.
I already blogged about Valentine's Day and my trip to Las Vegas. We read an interesting book for book club called The Orphan Keeper by Camron Wright which is about a little boy from India who is kidnapped, sold to an orphanage, and then adopted by unsuspecting parents from the U.S. Tyler grew up with the boy that the book was about...Taj Rowland. Very interesting. We also had too much snow this month and too much sickness. We had so many viruses and colds and everyone felt pretty crappy for most of the month. I was busy all month long with my new Primary calling and getting positions filled, training done, making changes, doing home visits, and meeting with my presidency to get everything organized. It's been fun but exhausting too.
I'm looking forward to Spring and some warmer weather. Las Vegas gave me spring fever in the worst way!! Onto March.





0 comments:
Post a Comment