June: Things I am Loving
1.) The Library
I can't think of anything better or more evocative of my childhood than going to the library during summer break. I loved spending hours there perusing books, coming home with a thick stack, and knowing that I had nothing but days and days to read. It was the ultimate luxury!! I am so glad that the day after school got out the first thing my kids said that they wanted to do was "Go to the library!!" Winning.
2.) The Durrells
Are you watching this show? If you aren't you should be! I love it so much!! It is about a British family in the 1930s who leave London and go to live in Corfu. It is HILARIOUS!! I love this quirky family of a single mom and her crazy kids. It is the best! I even got Tyler to watch it and he loves it and so does my mom. There are some of the most hilarious lines in this show. My favorite characters are Larry the writer son and Leslie the gun toting son. I also have all the heart eyes for Spiro the taxi driver!! Watch it. You will love it!!
3.) Conspiracy Theories
We have fallen down the rabbit hole of conspiracy theories this summer. I blame Kameron!! He had to write a persuasive essay in his AP English class arguing for a conspiracy theory as one of his last assignments of the year. He picked Flat Earth. That got this whole conspiracy ball rolling. It has been hilarious and has kept us HIGHLY entertained not only in the month of June but also July and August too. It even helped our friend Ray get through a long and boring hospital stay by watching hours of YouTube videos. Ha ha. We are now experts on the Mandela Effect, Flat Earth, the Moon Landing, Planet X and a whole bunch of other theories too. Tyler finally had to put the kibosh on watching these crazy things for fear of Bryn returning to school in August with all kinds of *weird* ideas. But boy have we had fun talking and debating them!!
4.) Poldark: Season 4
You know my love for Poldark. Season 4 has been great! This is what Tyler and I watch late on Sunday nights. I love our Poldark nights.
5.) Lights on my deck
One of my very favorite things about our house is our huge wrap around deck. It is enormous and it feels like you are up in a tree house. I adore it. During the warm weather months we spend a lot of time out there. I love our comfy chaise lounges and patio furniture and beautiful flowers everywhere. On one end of the deck the kids put up a tent and sleep outside and also use it during the day as a place to read, nap, play games, and play on their phones. We have a big outdoor light that shines onto our deck and I have always had candles out on our patio tables so that we could sit out there after dark but this year my kids gave me patio lights as one of my Mother's Day gifts and they have transformed our summer! They are the best!




0 comments:
Post a Comment