December: Things I am Loving
During the hustle and bustle and stress of December I really appreciated these flowers. When Tyler came home with them I was like, "Why are you spending money on flowers right now?! We have so many gifts to buy!" and he replied with, "Because I love you and I wanted you to have them." I think those flowers were my favorite gift that I received in December simply because they were given to me out of love and appreciation during the busiest and most stressful season. Those flowers meant the world to me and every time I saw them they made me smile.
2.) Mrs. Meyers Peppermint Cleaning Spray
Mrs. Meyers Peppermint Cleaning Spray added to my whole Christmas experience. I LOVE the smell of peppermint; especially around the holidays. I love peppermint candles and peppermint Scentsy melts. Spritzing this delicious smelling spray on my counter tops and tables was delightful AND even better...my kids liked to clean with it. Win-win!!
3.) Sweet's Orange Sticks
Sweet's Orange Sticks are the quintessential candy of Christmas for me. They remind me of my Grandma and Grandpa McKinnon. They always gave us these sticks with our Christmas presents every year. You never knew if you were going to get a box of the raspberry sticks (not a fan) or the orange sticks (big fan). Sweet's is a Utah company and these orange sticks are not always easy to find here in Spokane. The Trader Joe's variety is delicious and works in a pinch. But I specifically like these. This was part of my Christmas gift from Kameron and Tyler told me that Kam hunted high and low and went to multiple stores to find these for me. Love that kid! I was so excited to open them on Christmas morning!! I thoroughly enjoyed snacking on them while reading over Christmas Break!!
4.) Walkers Scottish Shortbread
Another favorite December treat! Scottish shortbread is a favorite for this Scottish girl and my whole family.
5.) A Very Special Christmas
I am a very traditional Christmas music person. We play Bing Crosby, Perry Como, Andy Williams, Mannheim Steamroller, and MOTAB around here with Sting, Annie Lennox, and Alison Moyet thrown into the mix. But look what was resurrected from the 80s this year...A Very Special Christmas circa 1987. This was the very first Christmas compilation that I ever purchased and it was on tape. I loved it and played the heck out of it. Then I got so sick of it that I hadn't played any music from it for over 25 years. Who knew that Christmas in Hollis by Run DMC would be our most played Christmas song of 2018. But it was and that brought this album back to my Christmas playlist. Enjoyable.



0 comments:
Post a Comment