Thursday, May 09, 2019

April: Things I am Loving

Things I am Loving:

1.) Miss Beverly Beatrice Beauchamp the Pug


No further explanation needed. We bring her home next week!!

2.) Open Water at the Lake


The ice is gone! Summer is on its way!

(Seems like the dock is gone too. LOL. Time to drag it back into place.)

3.) Triscuits


It has been a REALLY long time since I've eaten a Triscuit. I am not a cracker person so I think it has literally been years since I've had a Triscuit. Well... that is unfortunate because they are delicious! We had an assortment of crackers and toppings while we watched GC and at Easter and Triscuits were the hit of the assortments! I'm not saying that suddenly I will be eating a bunch of crackers now but...if and when I do...they will be Triscuits.

4.) Early Bedtime


When everyone was sick we got into the habit of going to bed early and guess what? It was amazing! Clearly we were not getting near enough sleep before! A true 8 hours really does make you feel great in the morning! We instituted something recently..."Quiet House by 9" on school nights. Obviously our high schoolers aren't going to go to bed at 9pm...BUT...we do want the house to be quiet by then. Bryn's bedtime is 8:30pm and she is allowed to read for a half hour but she must be in bed. She very rarely lasts that long and is usually sound asleep before 9pm. It is also the cue for Kam and Ailey to begin preparing for seminary and school the next morning and that it is time to head to their rooms to finish homework or time to shower. Me, I HAPPILY go to bed!! If I can get to bed between 9-9:30 pm I am truly giddy with joy! Tyler is able to have some down time of his own then. He usually watches a show that only he is interested in; but even he is getting to bed now by around 10-10:30pm. This is HUGE for him! He is a total night owl and would go to bed most nights between midnight or 12:30 and then get up at 5am. That is not nearly enough sleep for anyone. Even he is seeing the benefits of getting more rest. We aren't great at it yet...maybe we hit a quiet house by 9 three out of five nights but it is definitely an improvement over what we were doing before!

5.) GOT is back!


I have been reading these books for about 18 years. I NEED to know how this story ends!

0 comments: