Day 146: 8-6-20 (Thursday)
Today was move-in day at the store. Tyler and the girls were such great helpers. We were able to unload pretty quickly. They were able to drive back home so that I could set up my booth and Tyler could get back to work. I worked all day setting up my booth. It was fun to see my friend Megan and later in the day I got to see my friend Tiffany who is also a vendor there. Tyler came back that evening to help me with the trailer.
It felt weird...but nice... to think that all I have to do is set-up the booth and leave! The store employees take care of everything else. Vendor nights are on Thursdays to restock booths although you can come in any time to add new items. The thought of NOT having to tear down the booth in two days is heaven! It was a busy but good day and it felt great to be back at it!
Here are a few pictures of my booth that Megan posted online:
Day 147: 8-7-20 (Friday)
Today is both Kirk and Kirin's birthdays! I wish that we were in Utah helping them celebrate. I slept in this morning after my long day yesterday and it felt great! Tyler and the girls made a big batch of raspberry freezer jam with all the raspberries from the lake. So good!
Today was sunny but cooler. I'm glad. Tyler and I had an awesome date night. We decided to drive up and check out another part of the Trail of the Coeur d' Alenes. This part of the trail starts almost in Kellogg, Idaho. My friend Rebecca told me that this is where she used to get on to ride the trail. Tyler and I thought it sounded like a fun date night to explore that area. The Bull Run area is really pretty and I think the girls will like biking up there. This part of the trail doesn't go by Lake Coeur d' Alene but you are by the river that feeds into it and you ride past several smaller "chain" lakes. Maybe we will do this ride next weekend.
Day 148: 8-8-20 (Saturday)
Today Tyler and I ran some errands and then I spent the rest of the day painting furniture and working on projects. Kam sent me a great talk to listen to which I enjoyed! He is sending us such great and uplifting things. It has been fun! I sold a bunch more items in my booth and covered my monthly booth fee. It felt great to have done that by Day #2.
My awesomely supportive friends texted me this today! Shannon and Mary are the BEST!
Ailey went on her first date! She went out with Preston and they joined a larger group of their friends. She wore a mask and brought plenty of hand sanitizer. They ended up bowling and then playing night games at her friend Savannah's house as a group. She said she wasn't the only one wearing a mask the whole time. I guess we don't have to worry about a good night kiss!! Ha ha! Life is weird... right?
She refused to take any kind of date picture. I don't blame her. Lol. But she did allow me to take a picture of HER prior to being picked up. This is her pose du jour.
Day 149: 8-9-20 (Sunday)
We went back to church for the first time in 5 months! Well a few of us did. Tyler had home church. He's going to give it another couple of weeks before he goes back. It's good that he did because one lady in our ward coughed and practically hacked up a lung the entire meeting. Hello?!
Church was significantly shortened and strange. We had to use hand sanitizer before entering the building. We sat in family groups every other bench. It was very weird not to sit in our regular bench and we had to sit on the back row of the overflow. (Yes, we are THOSE people who have a regular bench. Annoying, I know!) There was no singing. Instead the bishopric blasted the Tabernacle Choir singing each song. It helped with the awkwardness of not singing but those songs are LONG. It was also semi-comical seeing everyone in masks. Everyone looked like some kind of flock of bizarre exotic birds. I had to laugh. Am I the only one who looks around at the people in masks and laughs at how ridiculous it/life/masks are? For the Sacrament, the priests did not use gloves (Kam's ward does) but they made a big show of using hand sanitizer and rubbing their hands vigorously for all the ward to see. LOL. Then the deacons passed the sacrament. Each deacon had two trays in their hands. The bread was torn and each individual piece was put in a little sacrament cup. Another deacon trailed along behind with a basket/garbage for the cup. They did the same with the water. It was interesting. There were two talks...one youth and one adult. My friend Annie and her daughter spoke and it was nice. The Tabernacle Choir blasted once more, we prayed, and we were done. About 50 minutes total and yet it felt like a full day!
The girls and I came home and we did the Come Follow Me lesson with Tyler. We listened to the awesome talk that Kam sent. It broke down the apostasy and how it all intertwined with history. So good! It was a nice relaxing family day! And... I sold more things in my booth! No, I am not going to document this every day but the first week... yes!
Day 150: 8-10-20 (Monday)
Today was crazy chaos but fun crazy chaos!! Tyler and I went walking earlier today and while we were at the park I got a text that my big hutch sold! My largest and most expensive piece of furniture! Exciting!! We hurried home so that I could grab another larger piece out of the storage unit to take to the store. Then I painted and worked on more projects.
Today was Kam's P-Day so we had some funny emails from him. He is meeting all kinds of interesting characters and doing a lot of service work. All of that is so good for him! He and his companions (their trio) are teaching lessons and there is a guy who is *this close* to baptism which is both exciting and frustrating. I thought Kam might just email us very short and precise emails but I was wrong! They are thoroughly entertaining! Especially his emails to just our family. Tyler and I were cracking up!
After Tyler was done with work we headed to Coeur d' Alene to check out my booth. No need! One of the glories of being in a store is that when a large item sells they will clear it, pull it out, and then rearrange. Tyler and I walked into the store just before closing to see what the booth situation was and I was DELIGHTED to see that not only had the furniture been rearranged but the booth had been fluffed and revamped where needed and it looked LOVELY! That might be worth the 15% commission. That and the email that I get every day telling me what I sold that day. Very nice. We were able to just turn around and leave. I'll come back on Thursday night during vendor hours with another big furniture piece and will rearrange things then.
One thing that is helping me get back into reading during quarantine has been doing some buddy reads with my friend Rebecca. She moved to Wisconsin two years ago. She is a lot of fun and an avid reader! We recommend books to each other all the time and discuss them but since quarantine we have started reading the same book at the same time. We have now done two buddy reads: The Dutch House by Ann Patchett. I LOVED IT. 5 Stars for me! She HATED it! That was crazy because normally we have similar taste in books. We just finished our 2nd buddy read book: The Giver of Stars by Jojo Moyes. We were in agreement on that one! Review to come. Our 3rd buddy read will be American Dirt by Jeanine Cummins.
We got to video chat with Kam last night. It is so great to see him and hear all about the mission in more depth. It helps to feel connected to him and he stays connected with all of us. He is enjoying the mission, the people, and the work. He works hard and says he falls asleep exhausted every night. He said that the days and weeks go by really fast. He's learning a lot and building his confidence. He says that his testimony has grown by leaps and bounds. It is great to hear all of the details. He's doing good and is being well-fed! He has barely spent any money on groceries at all. Meanwhile his companions from online MTC, who are also serving in his mission but not his area, are poor and starving. LOL. They are learning how to budget and make *meals* with very few ingredients. Meanwhile Kam and his companions are eating like kings! They are always stuffed and they can barely finish their leftovers before another meal comes their way. Even today on their P-day they were playing sports at the park with a bunch of other missionaries and several ladies who were at the park had pizza delivered to their big group! Enjoy it while it lasts kiddo!
FYI--he never takes pictures. If he does it is of the sunset or an amazing SuperTarget that he went into. Ugh. Hopefully some of his companions will take some pictures and tag him in them.
We saw this a few days ago:
Kam confirmed that it is legit. He said that they have all been asked to follow these guidelines. Hard to believe but there are missionaries serving in downtown in Minneapolis. Terrifying.









0 comments:
Post a Comment