Day 216: 10-15-20 (Thursday)
Today was definitely a recoup day after our whirlwind Seattle trip. Nothing too exciting. I set up several doctors appointments for myself and Tyler. Yearly check-ups. We also mailed several things to Kameron including his voting ballot. He is super stoked to vote in a Presidential election for the first time.
I got texted some pictures from a Minnesotan who was very grateful for the service that these missionaries are providing and wanted all of their parents to know. So sweet!
I didn't go to vendor night either. That is the beauty of being in a store. They will fluff your booth and make it look nice until you can get in to do it yourself. I didn't feel like driving to Coeur d' Alene tonight. They do a good job of arranging things so I felt okay about it. Maybe I'll go in later this week.
Day 217: 10-16-20 (Friday)
Today I had a much needed hair appointment. It was great to catch up with my friend Lyndsey and leave with good hair! LOL.
It was also my week at the lake so we took the girls and Beverly out to spend the weekend when the girls were done with school and Tyler was done with work. Fall is definitely in the air. It was crisp and cold. We had a fun family night and watched our first Halloween movie of the season!! We are starting to feel a *little* Halloween festive!
Day 218: 10-17-20 (Saturday)
The girls slept in today and Tyler and I got up early and enjoyed a gorgeous fall morning out on the dock. We sat in our chairs, drank hot chocolate, talked, and soaked up the beauty. It was so peaceful and quiet. Hardly any people or boats. It was delightful!
After that we worked on clearing out more from the garages. We also loaded up more of my share of things that were my mom's that I have received. After a busy work day we grabbed the girls and went into town and got take-out. Who wants to cook? We settled in for a movie marathon. We made a bunch of snacks and had a great time! We watched another fun Halloween movie and then I introduced the girls to the 80s classic... Girls Just Wanna Have Fun.
I loved that movie as a teenager and I knew they would too. They did! Tyler snored through it. LOL.
Day 219: 10-18-20 (Sunday)
We had a lovely relaxing morning. We slept in and had breakfast. We watched our Sacrament Meeting via Livestream from the lake house living room.
Tyler prepared and blessed the Sacrament for us. Since we were watching it on the TV and my grandparents picture is propped up right by the TV it felt like we were going to church with Granny and Gramps! LOL. They were very staunch LDS church members and I know that it probably made them very happy to have the Spirit felt in their home. Quite the opposite of what usually happens out there now...sadly.
We did a bit more work around the property. It was definitely cooler and more misty today. Beverly enjoyed being lugged around in Bryn's backpack!
We headed back home that evening.
Day 220: 10-19-20 (Monday)
I didn't end up going to my institute class today. I am just too busy this week. I have so many projects to finish. Being in the store really keeps me hopping! Ailey started the day with early morning dance team practice. They have to practice outside, masked, and socially distanced. I'm not sure what they are going to do when the snow starts falling.
We also got a call from the fraud department on one of our credit cards saying that someone in New Jersey tried to charge 94K! Good grief. That seems excessive even for a thief!
We talked to Kameron tonight. It is starting to get cold in Minnesota. He is enjoying his new companionship and quad. He got to see both of his former online MTC companions yesterday and that was fun for him. He is now the "driver" for his companionship and he was really excited about getting to drive again!! LOL. He sounded good and like he is doing well. I am glad that the new transfer situation worked out.


0 comments:
Post a Comment