Sunday, January 03, 2021

COVID-19 Quarantine: Days 256-260

Day 256: 11-24-20 (Tuesday)

I am doing my best today to keep my anxiety under control. I'm not succeeding. Tyler and I went for a big walk and just as those exercise/outdoor endorphins were kicking in the hospital called to schedule his angiogram. December 22. Boom. Anxiety is through the roof again. It seems like a long time to wait especially if there is an issue. 

I had a good visit with my friend Stephanie from our cars at piano lessons. It was much needed. It was good to be able to talk her about what is going on with Tyler. She is a good support. She is also a nurse.

And to top it all off... our fridge stopped working with all our Thanksgiving groceries inside. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! Thank goodness Tyler was able to fix it and get it cooling tonight. 

I had book club via Zoom. It was also much needed. I almost didn't attend. I felt beaten down and not up to *socializing.* My friend Arianne knew what was happening with Tyler but it wasn't common knowledge yet. I did NOT feel like talking about it and thank goodness I didn't have to. I'm glad that I attended though. It was good to be able to talk about books with friends. We read Just Mercy by Bryan Stevenson and we had a good discussion. 

Day 257: 11-25-20 (Wednesday)

The girls are out of school today for Thanksgiving Break. We let them sleep in until 10 am. Tyler only had to work half day too. The sun is shining. Good. I need it.

I am finishing up projects that I will run to CDA tonight. This weekend is Black Friday and Small Business Saturday. Midtown Market is also doing a customer appreciation storewide discount on Saturday and Sunday. I need to have my booth packed full! Ailey and Bryn are coming with us to help lug things in with me so that Tyler doesn't have to exert himself until we know what is going on with him.

Kam transfers to Blaine today. I hope it all goes well.

Day 258: 11-26-20 (Thursday) 

Today is Thanksgiving but we aren't celebrating until Saturday. We thought it would be easier to move our Thanksgiving dinner to the weekend then we don't have to compete with Hunter's family's Thanksgiving festivities and both Reilly and Hunter are off of work that day.

Reilly stopped by this morning to chat and hang out for a bit. She is making my Christmas salad to take to Hunter's parents house for their Thanksgiving dinner and needed to borrow a large serving bowl. It was good to have some time with her today. It sounds like Hunter's family will be eating in small shifts and wearing masks while indoors.

Tyler and Ailey worked on replacing Bryn's flooring all day. They are a great little work duo. They are quite the team and Bryn and I tried to stay out of their way and let them work their magic! 

Bryn's floors before: 


Her carpeting was really disgusting with nail polish, paint, markers and who knows what else on it.

I cooked all day prepping for the weekend. I made 6 pies and my mom's famous apricot brie as our family's treat to eat today. 


We heard from so many people that we love. It was really nice. We had an unexpected video chat with Kameron. Awesome!


The missionaries were given permission to call their families. He said that the transfer went well. He likes his new companion who is from American Samoa. Some kind ward members dropped off a big Thanksgiving feast for them. So whew. 

Late tonight we all watched a thoroughly enjoyable Hallmark Christmas movie and ate pie at 11pm. Not a bad day at all!  

Day 259: 11-27-20 (Friday)


Tyler and Ailey finished Bryn's floors today! They look so good! Our bedroom is up next! Tyler's cardiologist's office called and his doctor put him on two new medications and scheduled a bunch of lab work that needs to be done prior to his procedure on December 22nd. 

The Thanksgiving cooking continues. Today it was homemade noodles and two kinds of gravy. Not a great day for keeping my anxiety at bay or even under control. It was pretty relentless. Ugh. Things got better tonight. We all watched another Hallmark Christmas movie. It wasn't that great but it was still somewhat enjoyable and it took our minds off of things.



Day 260: 11-28-20 (Saturday)

Today is a sunny and beautiful day. We headed to the lake for our family's Thanksgiving celebration. 
Tyler ran into one of his co-workers at the grocery store in Rathdrum and it was really nice for him to see one of his work friends! The lake looked beautiful. No snow... pretty much perfection.



We finished our cooking and decorated for our celebration. 


We are doing things super low-key this year. Simple is the theme. We are using paper products too instead of real dishes which is something my mother never did but...2020.


The girls started working on their gingerbread house.



I had a quiet private moment of perfect peace out on the dock as the stars were beginning to come out. I felt calm and full of gratitude. It put me in the right frame of mind for our Thanksgiving celebration.


We ended up having a really fun Thanksgiving dinner despite our small group. 





Our simplified menu included:

Pecan Patties and Mushroom Gravy (no one wanted turkey)
Mom's Killer Mashed Potatoes
Mom's Liquid Gold Gravy for the potatoes
Roasted Brussel Sprouts
Roasted Butternut Squash
Nana's Noodles
Reilly's 7 layer dip
Pecan Pie
Pumpkin Pie
Cherry Pie

Fancy dinner's over and the real kids come out:



Right after this some crazy Christmas karaoke and dancing broke out! LOL!

We had brought from home a bunch of our old family videos of the kids when they were little that the kids requested. It was fun to watch but melancholy too. Time goes by so fast. After that we played games, ate pie, and watched Christmas Chronicles 2. Reilly and Hunter stayed until late. After they left  we watched The Santa Clause, which is one of our favorites, and ate more pie... and mashed potatoes! That is an Ellersick tradition. Pie and mashed potatoes at midnight is pure MAGIC! And...despite really not being in the mood to celebrate Thanksgiving... I am really glad that we did. It turned out to be a pretty great celebration!

0 comments: