Every year Laura Tremaine (an author and podcaster who I follow) does a One Day HH Challenge. It is a one day...hour by hour... look at a day in your life. You document what one day of your life looks like right now. The goal is to capture the details. The date is always different. This year it fell on November 9th. Reilly's 25th birthday.
7:00 AM: I woke up a little late for me. I normally get up at 6:45 am on week days. The first thing that I did was send Reilly a Happy Birthday text. She is ALWAYS the first to wish everyone a Happy Birthday. I think Ailey beat me this year and was the first to wish her a happy birthday!
9:30 AM: Every Tuesday morning at 9:30 AM I have a standing phone date with my father.
10:30 AM: I started decorating for Christmas. I used to be a purist. I liked Thanksgiving to be Thanksgiving and Christmas to be Christmas but then life got hard and weird and now I say, "Bring on Christmas!"
11:30 AM: I facetimed with my friend Rebecca who lives in Wisconsin. I forgot to get a screen shot but here is a picture of us at our friend's wedding. LOL.
12:30 PM: I had lunch. It's a weird one but I like it. I also talked to Reilly on the phone while I ate lunch.
My lunch was two corn tortillas with two melted cheese sticks drizzled with Frank's Hot Sauce and some peanuts and a lemon la croix to drink.
1:30 PM: I went walking at the park with Tyler. The snow was gone. It didn't stick and the sun came out!
2:45 PM: I'm on my lap top trying to find pictures of how I decorated last year. LOL.
3:30 PM: I picked up Bryn from school. She came home feeling crappy with cold-like symptoms.
4:00 PM: I cancelled her 4:30 pm piano lesson and we called the doctor who did a video chat appointment with her.
Bryn talking to the doctor.
5:00 PM: Bryn went to the clinic to get a rapid COVID test. (It came back negative!) Ailey and I facetimed with Reilly. We talked to her about how her birthday had gone so far (her co-workers went all out for her!) and what Hunter had planned for her that night.
6:50 PM: (I think!) We finally had a late dinner after Bryn got back from getting her COVID test.
We had spaghetti, salad, and la croix to drink.
7:30 PM-ish: Tyler and I were looking at houses for sale on Zillow.
8 PM: I attended a Zoom RS Meeting on Breadmaking. (Tell me you're Mormon without telling me you're Mormon!)
This was early on. We had a few more people join and this night was LIFE changing!! I am not a baker. I don't like making bread but I can make a few really good types of white bread but I have never made a good loaf of homemade wheat bread. My friend Danielle taught us how to make the best wheat bread! I've made it multiples times since then. It's a hit! I am not even a bread person and I love it hot out of the oven with some honey butter. Wow!
9:30 PM: Our house is only partially decorated for Christmas and I have zero interest in continuing to decorate tonight.
Picture from slightly earlier...living room tree up but still undecorated.
10 PM: I'm all ready for bed. Face washed, teeth brushed, vitamins taken. I'm in bed and reading this book. It's so good!
Goodnight!

0 comments:
Post a Comment