Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Valentine's Day 2022

 


This should surprise no one but we made Valentine's Day last a whole week. This year we sent off three Valentine care packages. One to Kameron, one to Tyler's mom (her first Valentine's Day without Joel), and one to my father. All three of them were excited to get them in the mail and were very appreciative.

Red lunches made a return appearance for all of the Johnsons still living at home. 


It was very weird not to be at the elementary school helping with Valentine's Day parties. Every year I was always running back and forth between classrooms like a crazy person. I have to admit that I got a little teary thinking that those days are over. I guess Tyler and I need to start going to lunch or something on Valentine's Day since we do our romantic celebration the week before on his birthday. 

Kameron called us and also sent us his "love notes" for our family dinner that was that weekend. They were so incredibly sweet and thoughtful. Reading them literally made my day! Tyler and I exchanged boxes of Mrs. Sees Chocolates, cards, and I got flowers, and he requested this:

An electronic card shuffler. 

Literally no gift has EVER made this man happier! He has shuffled every deck of cards in the house and then some. Apparently our shuffling skills on family game nights are "painful to watch." LOL. He was over the darn moon with this $20 gift. He even enthusiastically demonstrated its magic to Kameron multiple times via video chat. Too funny! It really is the simple pleasures in life!!


Bryn's not-so-secret admirer paid her another visit and left her all kinds of Valentine surprises on our doorstep including gifts for Ailey. Ha ha! I guess if you want to win the heart of a girl you had better get her big sister on board!! This kid is so sweet and so cute but he is quite a bit older than our Brynnie so not sure how dating would ever work out; but he sure is thoughtful! Yes, Bryn is that much taller than Ailey now!! Kameron is going to freak when he sees Bryn.


Later that weekend we had our family Valentine Dinner. Hunter wasn't able to come so we got to celebrate with our three girls. We made our traditional homemade pizzas and shared our "love notes."










The love notes were so sweet and had us all bawling! The ones from Kamers were ESPECIALLY good this year! We miss our Elder Johnson!!!


I ate steak and kale because...you know... pizza.


Then it was play time! Ha ha!


We are all (Reilly, Ailey, Bryn, and me) fans of the Instagram and TikTok ASMR Playroom account. Don't ask me why but watching someone play with various toys that have ASMR properties is so soothing to all of us...except for Tyler. He is one of those people who has no reaction to any kind of ASMR. It doesn't affect him at all and so he doesn't get it. Anyway...Reilly bought one of the toys featured on ASMR playroom, the cauldron, and brought it over. The girls were hilarious *playing* with it and mixing up their bubbling potions and slime! Bryn ultimately was gifted with the cauldron at the end of the night.





We did a Johnson Tries with a bunch of crazy flavored pickles that Reilly ordered online. They were totally gruesome. The flavors were: Blue Raspberry, Bubble Gum, Sour Cherry, Peach, and Cotton Candy. 


Apparently some people love these pickles. We, however, are NOT those people. We agreed that sour cherry and blue raspberry were the best...and by the best...that means we didn't immediately spit them out or gag. Peach was an immediate spit out. Bubble gum and cotton candy were immediate spit outs followed by some serious gagging. In the game of Johnson Tries you win some and you lose some! I get the shivers just thinking about those pickles! 


This made me LAUGH! Especially that blue back rub heart! I don't think I've had a true back rub since Tyler and I were dating. His claim to fame was once giving me a back rub for two hours while we watched a movie! I'm pretty sure that was what convinced me to marry him! Sadly, I think that was the last *real* back rub I ever got!! ;) 


Ha ha!! 

Happy Valentine's Day!! 
XOXOXOXO

0 comments: