Thursday, February 27, 2025

California Part 2: Kameron Gets Married!

This day goes down in the record books as one of the happiest days of my life!! 


Day 4: THE BIG DAY

I woke up early that morning feeling excited, nervous, and teary but in a good way. The sun was shining and the weather was perfection. There wasn't a cloud in the sky. Kameron and Erin's appointment at the temple was in the afternoon which made for a less hectic morning and getting ready situation. I tried to take it all in and enjoy every moment of the day. 

I love having all of our kids here and my brother and his family under one roof. 


A nervous Kameron waiting for the time to start getting ready.

 Tyler and Ailey did an early donut run for everyone.

Around 11am it was time to start getting ready. This actually turned out to be one of my favorite parts of the day. The original Johnsons all getting ready together! We all ended up getting ready together in the large master bathroom and bedroom. We had the music cranked and it remains in my memory as such a sweet and beautiful time for our family. 









The OGs

And then he was off.  Heading out to start his brand new life.

We got to the Oakland Temple around 1:15pm. I had never been there before and was blown away by how beautiful it was! Wow! It was spectacular!



We met up with Kameron's groomsmen and Erin's family. Kameron and Erin had to be at the temple about an hour before the rest of us so they were already inside. To say that excitement was in the air was an understatement.


Kam's Groomsmen






Ailey was busy with her bridesmaid duties.




Two very emotional parents of the groom trying to soak it all in!


Then it was time to go in!

Walking into the Oakland Temple was a surreal moment. It was so beautiful and serene. My nervous excitement was instantly replaced by pure peace. I had the most calm assuredness that this was meant to be and the joy I felt seemed to radiate from my body. Kameron and Erin asked Erin's mom, Angleina, and I to be their witnesses which was really special. 


Here is a picture of what their sealing room looked like. This picture is on the wall of the Visitors Center. The Oakland Temple has a really lovely Visitors Center.

Sitting in one of the witness chairs and watching our son walk in literally beaming with light and joy and absolute happiness was one of the most special and touching sights I have ever seen. Kameron's face glowed with joy and I have never seen a bigger grin on his face. Erin was truly the most beautiful bride and their love and happiness was tangible.

As our family and friends sat on one side of the sealing room and Erin's on the other. I noticed three empty chairs on our side. Three prominent front row chairs had been left unoccupied after Tyler, Ailey, and Luke sat down and then the friends sat in a row behind. I was struck with such a SURE knowledge that those chairs were filled. I knew that in those chairs on the front row of the sealing room next to Tyler, Ailey, and Luke sat my mom, Tyler's dad, and his step-dad Joel. It was powerful! I KNOW they were there watching a beloved grandson marry the love of his life.

There are no words that can describe the joy, sacredness, and peace of that ceremony as Kameron and Erin became husband and wife. It was beautiful beyond all description. I cried happy tears!! Our boy! Our Kamers! This is what we have always dreamed for him that he would find someone incredible to love and share his life with and here we are. Dream. Come. True.

Then family and friends filed outside to join the rest of our group to wait for the bride and groom to emerge triumphant from the temple!! Then out they came to loud cheers of joy! 


Mr. and Mrs. Johnson!!


Kameron and Erin's wedding colors were terracotta, gray, and sage green. Kameron and his groomsmen wore gray. Erin's bridesmaids wore terracotta. The families wore a sage green, tan, or gray combo. The dads wore gray suits to match Kameron's. It worked out perfectly for the pictures and everyone was beautifully coordinated.


The groomsmen and the bridesmaids





The Bride and Groom with their parents.



The Johnsons


The Garbetts: They were missing Erin's younger brother who is serving a mission.

The Originals



The Originals Plus!! How lucky are we???


The McClellans


The whole group!


We couldn't have asked for a better son! 
What an honor it is to be Kameron's mom and dad!


I just adore him!


And so does his very proud dad!


Karson and Kameron...the two handsomest boys ever!



The niece and nephews!



The stunning couple!


Isn't Erin GORGEOUS!!






The boyfriend of one of Erin's bridesmaids is the nephew of one of my best friends here in Spokane!


So fun!


That view just can't be beat!

After all the pictures were taken the new Mr. and Mrs. Johnson headed straight to In-N-Out! The bride's favorite! We stopped at the house briefly to change out of our wedding clothes and headed out for pizza. 


There wasn't that much time before we had to be back in our wedding clothes and back at the church for the reception. One of the big downsides of California is how long it takes to go a fairly short distance!



Kirin and Karson...they were so cute together!


 Then it was time to get this party started!!


Up next...The Reception


0 comments: