Monday, October 20, 2025

May 2025

May found us at home and with a wedding behind us. That felt great! Unfortunately Tyler and I both needed to see our doctors for multiple things upon our arrival back in Spokane like my continuing UTI (I know...who wants to know about this...but it's my life) and for Tyler's hemorrhaging eye. We felt like Senior Citizens with all of this health crap going on. When Tyler got into the eye doctor; he was told that his eye was still actively bleeding, and he got an eyeball shot. So much for laser surgery that was to spare him these horrible shots but eyeball shots are better than going blind. The good news is that his other eye looks good and that surgery looks like it was successful. Let's hope and pray it is. I had to go into my GP to get a referral for a gynecological urologist aka a urogynecologist referral. I got one. It's still in November. Ugh. I was prescribed some more antibiotics. I also had to listen to a sad song and dance about how there is a shortage of doctors in Spokane because there is so much work that they have to work 5 days a week whereas in places like UTAH they only need to work 4 days a week and so many doctors that have been recruited to Spokane end up going to Utah. Yay. I also had the pleasure of going to the dentist AND getting my yearly mammogram. Good times. Thankfully I was cavity free and cancer free. Tyler also had a dental appointment and was also cavity free and needed no further dental work. Did I light 3 candles for May Day/Beltane to welcome abundance. Yes. We needed it.

In some more exciting and happier news...Reilly, Bryn, and I attended my cousin Haylee's baby shower. It was lovely and nice to see some of our extended family members like my Aunt Bonnie, my cousin Wendy and her girls, my cousin Whitney and her girls, and my cousin Jennifer. Haylee is having a little girl and naming her Emersyn.



Aunt Bonnie and Jennifer.

It was fun to hear about all of the babies on the way. Reilly announced her pregnancy with the twins to the family and my cousin Miley told us that she was pregnant too! Very exciting!

After the shower we met up with Tyler and we all went to lunch at Huckleberry's to debrief and decompress. Extended family gatherings still take an emotional toll that is draining.

Tyler and I celebrated our 30th Wedding Anniversary!

On the day of our anniversary Tyler took the day off of work we headed to Coeur d' Alene. The day was beautiful and sunny! We went to Belle's for brunch and it was delicious! 

Then we went to Lake CDA. We bought year passes for the CDA cruises. We did a 90 minute cruise and it was SO NICE!!



Then we hit the beach and stayed there for hours. It was fabulous and so incredibly relaxing and needed!




We went to dinner at Haikkado which was delicious! We heard from all of our kids too which was really nice! We had a pretty spectacular anniversary especially for a stay-at-home one.


Shortly after our anniversary...it was Mother's Day! Tyler and the kids treated me well!! I got all kinds of flowers, plants, a hanging basket, gift cards, and a Volcano candle. I also got treats from the French Bakery, See's Chocolates, and Crumbl Cookies delivered. Bryn took me to lunch at DQ and got me flowers! I got sweet cards, texts, social media posts, and phone calls. I felt very loved! Reilly came over and we exchanged our gifts for each other and I got to smooch and cuddle Karson.


My last little chick still at home! I sure love her!


On Mother's Day we went to church. Lindt balls were handed out as our Mother's Day *treat* yet again. Savor those two balls ladies! LOL. All the women were able to go to RS and we got chocolate fondue so that was better. The weather was terrible and rained all day. No Mother's Day bike ride this year. 


Tyler, Bryn, and I went out to my favorite Indian restaurant and they had a delicious Mother's Day Buffet! It was really fun! I even tried goat. It was pretty good. LOL. My Mother's Day activity was to *force* Bryn to watch Gone with the Wind. It is now streaming on HBO Max. She had never seen it before so we had a movie evening/night...Tyler too. The movie is long! But Bryn loved it! We also called Tyler's mom and talked to her.


Reilly and Hunter officially announced that they were expecting twins on Mother's Day too! It turned out to be a really fun Mother's Day! But not only was it Mother's Day... it was also....


Hunter's 30th Birthday!

Reilly had all kinds of activities planned for Hunter on his birthday but we got to see him and give him our gift too. Hunter is a great guy and such a good dad! We love him! He makes Reilly really happy and I'm excited for their little family to grow!


Bryn was busy all month with track and numerous track meets. She PRed in shot put when we competed against Gonzaga Prep so that was exciting for her although she still says that she is done with track after this year. She also had lifeguard training again and will be working at the same Aquatics center that she worked at last year. She is really excited for it to open and to start working there again. She loves it! Bryn also had numerous Girls Camp meetings. She is a YCL (Youth Camp Leader) this year and helped plan all kinds of activities. She was also busy with an FCCLA fundraiser, Science Night, and Class Council. The good news...nay...GREAT NEWS...was that Seminary came to an end for the year! And so did my 14 YEARS of driving kids to early morning Seminary! Bryn will be driving herself to Seminary next year! Hallelujah! We celebrated with a Dutch Bros run before school! 

Reilly and Hunter got some crappy news this month. They found out that they need to be out of the place that they are renting by August 1st. They are renting from a family member of Hunter's and that delightful family member heard that they were expecting twins and didn't want three little kids living in their place. I guess one was a stretch for them. The kids were pretty upset and understandably so... and by a family member too. Now they are on the hunt for a new place to live and a little stressed out about it.

Kameron, Erin, and Dwight the dog are all moved in and getting settled in Eagle Mountain. Both Kameron and Erin are going to school summer semester. Kam at UVU and Erin online at BYU-I. Kameron also started a new job. He works for a car detailing company and drives literally ALL over Utah. It’s crazy! 



Kameron and Erin and Dwight got some new family pictures and they are so cute! I love them!



Our Grand Dog Dwight looking dashing!

Luke got a new job too. He started working for Amazon as a driver. He and Ailey are getting settled in their new area, ward, and as newlyweds. Exciting times!


We did a bunch of yard work this month...prepping the yard and deck. Planting a garden and flowers. The lilacs this year are fantastic including that old bush in our yard by the garden. It has never been so lush and abundant! The snowball bush too. I love it! We also had an incredible rhubarb harvest. We LOVE rhubarb around here. This is one of many giant bowls that we harvested.

We babysat Karson a few times this month while Reilly had her doctor appointments. We found out that Baby A is a girl! Our first granddaughter! I can't believe that we are going to have THREE grandkids soon. It is incredibly exciting!




I can't wait for two more little cuties!!

This month has been very busy with the Young Women. Lots of activities, trainings, and meetings. One Wednesday night Tyler, Bryn, and I went to the temple with the YW to do baptisms. It was fun to be there with Bryn AND Tyler. We went out to dinner with Bryn afterwards.


This month I have really struggled with my mental health. I have felt really low and depressed which isn't my normal state. I am more prone to anxiety. I've cried a lot and felt so down. I *logically* know that it is most likely hormonal due to the complete plummeting of my hormones after my hysterectomy but knowing doesn't make it go away. It's been rough. I've tried to stay busy...spend time with friends...spend time outside...ground...all the things and nothing has helped very much. I have been cleared to go back to the gym which felt good. 

Tyler and I also tried to be out and about doing things that I enjoy and making fun plans so that I have things to look forward to...it sounds so weird but I am hoping to power through and that my hormone levels will normalize and these damn UTI symptoms will abate. They are still hanging on even at the end of the month.


We've gone to the lake a lot! Summer is almost upon us and I cannot wait for boating season and being on the water! I am solar powered. The sunshine (and water) really help my mood. We also booked our favorite lake house for a week this summer and all of the kids are coming up. Can't wait for that! I've also tried to laugh whenever possible...like this TikTok trend of  AI making your pet a human.

 Beverly as a human. Yep! That tracks! LOL

On to June and sunny days on the water!

0 comments: