Tuesday, April 21, 2026

March 2026

March was a very exciting month for our family!!! A new grandbaby was born! It's doesn't get more exciting than that! Tate Tyler Jorgensen was born on March 16th. He weighed 6 lbs 8 oz and was 18 1/2 inches long. He is delicious! More on that later. 

Up until Tate's birth...Ailey was going in every few days for NST tests. Tate was a bit erratic in the womb. Thankfully he continued to pass his tests and Ailey's blood pressure stayed under control with the medication. It was worrisome and I was glad when the day for his induction got closer.

Right before we left for Utah we had some awful weather. We had another scary windstorm. I hate them so much! It wasn't quite as awful as that traumatic one in 2016 but it was pretty serious. A person died and houses and cars were destroyed by falling trees. It hit during the night and a lot of damage was done around town. Thankfully we didn't have much at our house. Our next door neighbor's trampoline slammed against our house at 2:30 am scaring the heck out of us! It sounded like a giant limb came off of one of our pine trees and hit our roof. Their trampoline got stuck on our fence and continued to slam against our house and roll around for the rest of the night. It sounded awful but we were glad that it wasn't worse. Suffice it to say we didn't get much sleep that night.

Two days later a crazy blizzard hit and we got about 7 inches of snow.  It is the most snow that we've had all year. Ironically the kids were out of school on the very worst day because it happened to be a snow make-up day. The roads were icy and it was awful. It stayed that way until the day before we left for Utah. You've got to love March in Spokane.


We traveled to Utah on some of the worst roads that we have ever driven on...ice, snow, multiple rollovers, and slide offs. It was terrible. I don't know why but we always have the worst driving experiences from WA to UT in March. Thankfully we made it there and back safely and had an amazing time. That will be its own post.

Meanwhile back in Spokane...

Karson started going to speech therapy and OT therapy. He has a speech delay and it's been exciting for him to get going with that. He goes twice a week and while Reilly can bring the twins in with her; it is better if she doesn't. Both grandmas take a day to watch the twins at Reilly's house. Colleen helps on Wednesdays and I help on Thursdays and I think I can speak for both of us...we love it! Bryn and Tyler help too when needed. Our whole family is super excited for Karson. He likes going to his therapy and has fun while he is there. He is such a cutie!


And so are these two! It's always a good day hanging out with the grandkids!

Bryn competed at State for HOSA (Future Health Professionals club). It was held downtown at the Davenport Grand. Bryn got to wear scrubs which she loved. She didn't win but she had so much fun! She loved the lectures and demonstrations. She was over the moon to win a professional grade tourniquet kit that she now keeps in her car. I think she has found her calling in the medical field. Bryn was also asked to be a judge at the Science Fair at her elementary school and she had an absolute ball! I love that she is getting to have so many neat experiences!!

Bryn also took the SAT and had a HORRIBLE experience! The poor kid. She studied her butt off and did all kinds of practice tests. When the big day rolled around she was very prepared. The SAT was being given to the juniors at her school in several classrooms. She took the test and came home wiped out. She felt like she did well. Then two days later we got an email from her school saying that the students who took the SAT in a particular classroom (the one that Bryn was in) have to retake the test because the teacher who administered the exam did it improperly. So due to proctor error...the SAT exams for the kids in that classroom were invalidated and a retake date was scheduled. Parents were LIVID! We were LIVID! But there was nothing we could do. Bryn had to retake the SAT while we were in Utah. I felt so bad for her!! 

She also went to State with FCCLA. This year she didn't compete. She was an evaluator. It lasted for three days and she had a great time! She's looking forward to competing again next year.

While we were in Utah...Reilly called to say that Karter had RSV. That was scary! He was pretty sick. Then Karson got it and then Kynlee. Then the whole family got it. They were MISERABLE for over two weeks. I felt so bad for them. Kynlee ended up having to go in to the urgent care for a breathing treatment and was sent home with albuterol and a nebulizer. Thankfully they eventually all got over it. One day I went over with a couple of things for them and couldn't just hand it over and go. I saw the saddest babies who were trying to smile at me, Karson who was feeling terrible but wanting to play, and Reilly's poor little sad smile. I couldn't leave. They broke my heart! I am so glad that everyone is doing well now! 

I had my yearly gynecology appointment and to my GREAT sadness my doctor is retiring in June. Technically I go to a place that has several providers and I see most of them but this doctor was a favorite and the one to take all of my issues and complaints the most seriously. This is after the female doctor who I saw for 20 years before that also retired. Ugh! You know you are getting old when all of our doctors are either retiring or dying. RIP Dr. Morgan!

Anyway... I went in to discuss how I was doing and I can now add an estrogen patch twice a week to my repertoire. I've been on it for several weeks now and don't notice that big of a change except for MUCH FEWER hot flashes. That alone is a big YAHOO!! I also have some breast tenderness (which can be a side effect.) Swell. Apparently it takes about 3 months to really kick in. I go back in June to chat about how things are going. I guess I will be chatting with someone new yet again.

My PT continues to go well. Henry...my new bestie...for all the time we have spent together over the past 9 months...has me lifting heavier and heavier weights. He is more like my personal trainer now than my PT at this point and I am all for it. Ha ha!

Beverly turned 7!! The little diva that she is got a treat of boiled eggs! She loves them.

We got to spend quite a bit of time with the twins and Karson once everyone was feeling better. The twins can sit up on their own and can get up on their knees and are starting to do the inch worm. Kynlee is *almost* crawling. She can get all over the place by doing all kinds of pivots and inch worm moves. LOL. The twins are at such a fun stage! They are so smiley and giggly! Karter is definitely bigger than Kynlee. She started as the bigger twin and now she is the little dainty one.





Thank goodness for FaceTime and our family chat! Ailey keeps us supplied with lots of pictures and videos of Tate and his OOTD! He is ADORABLE! She is such a natural little momma! She and Luke have made the transition to parenthood quite smoothly. Tate's a lucky little boy! We are absolutely SMITTEN with all of these grandkids of ours!!

One night I went with Cambria, Holly, and Cherise to watch our friends Shannon and Summer perform in Ham on Regal, which is a parent variety show, that is fundraiser for our high school. It was both Shannon and Summer's first year participating. They danced and sang and did a great job! It was a fun night cheering them on! I also went to book club at Summer's house. We read Facing the Mountain by Daniel James Brown. I tried to squeeze in some fun with friends when I could in a busy month!

Tyler and I also went to Gaiser Conservatory to see the Rotting Corpse Flower that was blooming. It is actually called a Voodoo Lily. It only blooms for 24-48 hours.


It is supposed to smell like rotting flesh...we saw it on the last day and *sadly* couldn't really smell it. I tried leaning over the railing, much to Tyler's chagrin, to get a good sniff but still didn't smell much. Bummer.

We ended the month with Bryn attending an Orchestra Festival with her Advanced Orchestra and she is also dating a new man. :) My flowers are starting to come up...daffodils and hyacinths...so far. Yay Spring! Bring on the warm weather!

We also had a quasi-Easter service at Church on Palm Sunday. Easter will be during General Conference Weekend this year. Not my favorite. I like it when they are separate. I love Holy Week though and I am excited to enjoy all of that!

March was exciting!! A new baby! A trip to Utah! Getting to spend time with all of our Utah kids who we love and miss so much! Spending time with my brother! Good times.

Next up...Tate's arrival!


0 comments: