Saturday, November 11, 2006

Happy 6th Birthday Kameron!!



Kameron...6 months old

The Birthday Boy!
Ok...So February is apparantly quite a HOT month around our house!!! Looking at all the baby pictures of Kameron and Reilly has been so much fun! I just want to eat Kameron up...with his little bald head and chubby cheeks!! I can't believe he is six!! He's out of the T's (2T, 3t etc.)...he's an XS! The past few days the kids have been asking me to tell the stories of the days they were born. Reilly's birth was stressful and slightly dramatic (hum...just like her) and Kameron's was as mellow as can be...just like him.
Kameron was born at around 4:30 am in Provo, Utah. My mom was the head hospital administrator there and they had just finished their new womens hospital addition and so I was treated like ROYALTY! I had the biggest room with a fantastic view of Provo. We had the blinds open and could see the lights of the city. All my siblings and my mom were in the room with us. The lights were low and Kamers was born. It was so calm and peaceful. It was a great birth!
Yesterday Kameron wanted to do something "special"...there wasn't school that day...Reilly was at Ballet Daycamp all day (one of her birthday gifts)...and it was just me, Kameron and Ailey. The "special" thing that he wanted to do was to go to McDonalds and eat and play in their little playland. Lucy...I truly admire you for all the times you take your boys there. What a good mom! I , on the other hand, LOATHE AND DESPISE McDonalds and try to go there as little as possible! So I relented... as his birthday was the next day and all he wanted was a happy meal. Now McDonalds can be a trying place for vegetarian kids (but they are getting better). My kids eat fish and love fish filets...but I have a real chip on my shoulder about McDonalds. They are absolute jerks about substituting a fish filet for the hamburger/chicken nuggets. The whole McDonald's corporation will apparently fall apart if someone puts a freaking fish filet in the happy meal box. I have begged them to charge me more...whatever they have to do. I just want the flippen box and toy. After years of frustration the only solution is to buy a fish filet meal deal and a happy meal...I hand over the fish sandwich...and I, in turn, have to gag down the cheeseburger...usually this task falls to Tyler who happily chows down the three burgers. Gross!
Now the day I picked to go was the WRONG day. The place was packed with mothers and kids galore. There were a lot of big kids there that were pushing and being kind of rough so Kameron decided he didn't want to play on the equipment. It took Ailey actually dragging him over to the equipment to get him to play and then he had a great time. Ailey, on the other hand, wasn't fazed a bit by the kids and crowds etc. But that is Kameron...he is like the calm between two wild hurricanes (his sisters).
Here are a few of the many things I love about Kameron:
-He is very easy-going.
-He has a crazy giggle.
-He likes to wink...especially at his aunts and his mom.
-He has an unusual and obsessive love for macaroni and cheese...this deserves some detail.
( He has mac and cheese on the brain pretty much all day. For example, in preschool last
year they were working on the five senses and they made a cute little book...these were
Kameron's answers: favorite taste: mac and cheese, favorite smell: mac and cheese, favorite
sight: seeing my mom making mac and cheese, favorite sounds: the sound of the water
boiling for mac and cheese!! This has earned him the nickname, Kamerony and Cheese, from
his Aunt Kelley).
-He has an facial expression that looks just like George W. Bush...it's uncanny and VERY disturbing for my many democratic relatives.
-He greats me every morning with "Heellllooo my sweet mommy!!"
-He hip-hop dances!! This has me and Tyler on the floor laughing yet still trying to look like we aren't laughing!
-He likes to wear his old "The Thing" costume outside when he takes the dog out and will flex for all the cars going by.
-He is a Star Wars/Superhero fanatic.
-He will still cuddle...sometimes.
-His curly hair and twinkley green eyes.
-He can charm me like no one else.
-He is the spitting image of his daddy!!
-He has the smelliest feet known to man...he has cleared a room of grown men and teenage boys by only taking off one baby sandal...(He was 18 months old!) :)
Happy Birthday Kamers!! Kama-lama-ding-dong, Kamerony and cheese, Kameronious!! I love you!

1 comments:

Lucy said...

This is such a sweet post. Kameron is clearly a great kid. I love the part about Macaroni and Cheese and the flippin fish happy meal. Seriously, I don't think I ever expected to hear "admire" and "McDonalds" in the same sentence.

Sounds like you've been birthday busy which is always sweetly stressful. Hope everyone had a good time.