Happy 8th Birthday Kameron!!
Kameron turned 8 years old last Tuesday. What an exciting age to be turning!! Kameron is so excited about getting baptized and becoming a cub scout that he can hardly stand it. Kameron's birthday falls on Veteran's Day and that has the added bonus of not having school that day. Both Kameron and Reilly had friend birthday parties planned for this year and had to scrap them due to my being on partial bed rest. Tyler and I were dreading telling them that their parties were off but both kids reacted so maturely and understandingly that we were floored. They were so accommodating. Wow. We must be doing something right as parents.
Since the kids had the day off from school Tyler decided to take the day off of work as well. We had a family day o' fun. Which started off with a matinee of High School Musical Three. The kids have been dying to see the movie...and if I am honest...so was I!! What I love about these movies are that they appeal to the whole family. Boys like it because of the sports element and girls like it because of the "love story" and all the singing and dancing. Even Ailey can tell you all about "Troy Bolton and Gabriella." So off to the movies we went...a nice calm sitting activity...for the pregnant lady.
After the movie we headed off to pick up some birthday gifts for the birthday boy and his treats to take to school the next day. Then it was time for PIZZA!! This is a big treat for our kids because I HATE pizza. I know I'm a freak of nature. But I really don't like it. I only like two kinds: Margarita Pizza and this really good Blue Cheese Chicken Pizza from a local restaurant here. So to get to go out for pizza was high excitement for our crew.
After that there was some more birthday money to spend and so Dad took the kids into a bunch of places while I took it easy in the car.
Then we came home and had Kameron's Birthday Feast. This year he chose: My friend Sharon's amazing spinach stuffed Manicotti, fresh pineapple, Cold Duck Sparkling Grape Juice (we really should buy stock in this company), Homemade Hot Milk Vanilla Cake with Homemade Vanilla Buttercream Frosting topped with Huckleberries (YUM!) and Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream.
Kameron also had his baptismal interview with the the bishop a few days ago. He was very prepared but the morning of his interview before church he decided he'd better study up in case Bishop Finn decided to throw him a curve ball.
I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw how intently he was studying his baptismal covenants...even Ailey went and grabbed Reilly's Faith in God booklet and the two of them were pouring over them. It is hilarious because it looks like Ailey is intently studying up...I guess she forgot that she hasn't learned to read yet!! :)
Kameron, of course, had nothing to worry about!! He did great!!
Kameron is the best kid. He brings so much joy and love into our home. He is so sweet, loving, smart, talented, and CALM. He truly keeps us sane in between our two drama queens. Kameron is a wonderful big brother who is helpful and kind to Ailey...he holds her hand and walks her to Primary every Sunday...he gets her in and out of her car seat every day. He watches out for her and protects her. His is a wonderful little brother to Reilly as well. The two of them have a great time together.
Kameron we love you VERY MUCH!! We are so proud of you and all of your accomplishments. We are so proud of your decision to be baptized and how seriously you take it. We are lucky to be the parents of such a amazing son!!
We love you lots!!

9 comments:
Congratulations to Cameron! Our boys are growing up so quickly. When is Cameron's baptism? I figure it is in December, but let me know so that we can come and support him.
Looks like you guys had a day full of fun birthday celebration! How was the movie? My kids are dying to see it.
birthday-o-rama over there!
happy days!
hope you are feeling good (better?) by now?
Valynn-
Kameron's baptism is December 13th...due to the Creche Festival. We would LOVE to have you guys come!!
Carlo-
I am feeling much better. Thank Goodness!! I'm hoping to get off partial bed rest tomorrow. Cross your fingers for me!
It seems like you have more than three children because there is always a birthday celebration going on around here!
Happy Birthday, Kameron! And a big woot to you for possibly being off of bed rest:)
Kam--Isn't it GREAT to be EIGHT?? I loved the pictures of him pouring over the bap interview books. That is the cutest thing I have seen all week!! What a great day for a great kid!
Glad you are feeling better, girl. Just in time for the holidays, and all that yummy food!!
Happy birthday to our newest cub scout! And, oh how it warms my heart to see him with his "Great to be 8" book. We spent hours putting those together. :-)
cute birthday pics. So how are you doing? are you still under orders for bed rest? oh I feel dumb, it looks like you just answered that. So to update the question, are you off bed rest now?and are you craving any weird things or grossed out by anything?
Happy Birthday Kameron!! I am excited to go to your baptism. You are such a good nephew and I love you very much!
xo-
Aunt Kelley
ps- What.. no cake for Kelley?
Kamreoni...u love u so much and i cannot believe how big you are now. it is so very crazy to see howfast u are growing. u are such a handsome boy and u are so sweet to everyone. i miss u dearly and love you lots.
Post a Comment