The Love Fest Continues
Is it possible to curl up in bed...enthralled...and unable to put down...a cookbook? Oh yes. If it is The Pat Conroy Cookbook which isn't really a cookbook. It is more of a memoir about food, travel and interesting people from his life with some good recipes thrown in at the end of each chapter.
I serendipitously read this book the week after reading his book My Reading Life. How fortuitous. Even though this book was published several years before My Reading Life there are many of the same influential people mentioned in this book that were mentioned in his other book and it felt like I was reading a sequel. Fantastic!! Plus, there was the added bonus of quite a bit of background inf
ormation on my favorite book The Prince of Tides which was icing on the cake.
This book was pure joy to read. I loved it. I was pulled in again to the life, friendships, loves and passions of Pat Conroy. I couldn't put this cookbook down!! If was full of everything that I enjoy and value in my own life. The people that I like to surround myself with in my life are people who have a great sense of humor, a love and appreciate for great food, have a rich appreciation for travel and literature and tell great stories. This book has all of that with some Southern flare thrown in for good measure. It was a delight. And...there are some superb recipes as well.
You all know my love for Mr. Conroy and all I can say is that the love fest continues.
My Rating: Excellent
Wednesday, January 19, 2011
Posted by Kristin at 8:36 AM
Labels: BOOK REVIEWS, Conroy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment