Kameron's Fourth Grade Marketplace
Today was Kameron's 4th Grade Marketplace. All the kids in his class got to form businesses, make products, and sell their products to their fellow classmates, kids in other grades, and to their parents. They were spending their classroom currency "Doodle Dollars." They also had to do all their advertising, marketing research, and even make a commercial.
Kameron and his friends had a business called Junior-Mifflin...a take-off of Dunder-Mifflin from The Office because they were in the paper business. (I thought their ties were a nice touch!!)
Ninja Stars: 4 sided, 8 sided and 16 sided
Transforming Ninja Stars
Paper Airplanes: assorted sizes and kinds
Boomerangs
Darts
A giant spear made out of paper
Popcorn
They did great and by the end of the day they were all sold out!!
I was somewhat dreading this Market Place all year. I have read several blogs...most coming out of Utah...where this is a big huge overblown thing with parents renting snow cone machines and cotton candy machines. I was thrilled that our elementary school keeps things very low-key...and yet the kids were thrilled with the assortment of things to purchase.
I remember doing this myself at Sage Creek Elementary. I sold homemade suckers which were quite the hot commodity in elementary school in the early '80's. Tyler and I were reminiscing about all the kids that would make cinnamon sticks and mint sticks (flavored tooth picks) and would sell those too. I loved a mint toothpick back in the day.
It was a fun day for all involved and it gave Kameron an appreciation for my business as well because he got to set up a booth and be a vendor himself. Kameron can come work for me anytime!!
And...if you are ever in need of a fantastic Transforming Ninja Star...Kameron's your man!!

2 comments:
Yea, Yea Kameron !! What an awesome marketplace booth...
A super name too - I love the "Junior-Miflin". You are such a great, talented and creative young man. I love you very much, Grandma Vic
Good Job Kameron!! The memories came flooding back of my own market days in elem school. such fun!!
Post a Comment