Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter Weekend 2011

Wow!! We had a fun and busy Easter Weekend. For once the Pacific Northwest cut us some slack and we had a beautiful and sunny weekend. Unfortunately we are now back to our usual rainy/snowy weather...but I will try to hold onto the beauty of the weekend.

We started things off on Saturday with an Easter Brunch and Easter Egg Hunt at our church.

It was a lot of fun and this year Bryn really "got" the whole idea of hunting for Easter Eggs and she was running around and collecting eggs like crazy. It was so cute.

Reilly and Ailey

There was a musical program during the brunch with several performers and the Primary kids all sang a song too.

It was a fun event!!

Then we left the brunch and headed directly to the lake for our family Easter Celebration. Let me just tell you the joy that filled my heart to see open water. All the snow and ice were gone and the sun and the water were just gorgeous. We couldn't soak it up enough!! It felt so good.



Mom and Kelley

We had our annual Easter Egg Hunt and the kids were so cute!! Kameron and Reilly graduated to "hiders" this year and, along with Tyler, did a great job hiding the eggs for the little kiddos.

Elle



It is absolutely impossible to capture a picture with both of these girls looking at me!!

Bryn, Elle, Ailey, Kameron, and Reilly...they were a little sick of pictures by this point except for Bryn the ultimate poser. She could pose and grin all day!!

Our crew

Granny with the kiddos

We had a delicious Easter Feast and then we were outside again. It was impossible to be inside on such a gorgeous day.

Oh yes we did!! Granny was napping inside for this little tradition because she gets really mad but we did it any way because it is so much fun. The Easter Egg Lake Toss. LOVE IT!!


Toss that egg and make a wish!!

The little girls threw rocks because if you can't clear the dock you aren't allowed to throw your egg. Kelley barely squeaked by...ha ha!!

Even though it was sunny and warm (to us) it was only about 55 degrees and that water was calling Bryn's name.




Okay I can't lie. The lake was calling my name too!! I can't help it. It's in the blood. So after dragging Bryn back up to the house it didn't take long before we were all back down at the lake again.

I'm on the right and Reilly's on the left. My little girl has grown up...her feet are bigger than mine now and she's looking me right in the eye!!

Here's our stellar parenting...while I was taking this picture Bryn waded in to her waist.



Yes, yes...you heard us right. Most parents would probably yell and try to discourage their children from going for an impromptu swim...fully clothed...in frigid water. But yes, we are actually applauding. We don't want our kids to fear the water...but they need to respect it... to always be safe. So it will be a 24/7 life jacket for Bryn for sure!!

Our mermaid...who is apparently impervious to cold. She sat there with her feet in the water for about 15 minute throwing rocks and playing happily.

We probably shouldn't have let her...but truth be told...I was proud. She's got lake water in her blood. I love it!!

Easter Sunday dawned gorgeous as well. I love Easter Sunday...the kids looked so cute in their Easter best and because our church starts at 1pm we had a lovely, relaxed and un-rushed Easter morning.

Then off to Church we went to truly celebrate Easter and the Resurrection of our Savior.

It was a wonderful day!!

6 comments:

Naomi said...

Looks like such a fun weekend! I was cracking up at the water baby. Between the pond water at the dell and the lake, you have been in freezing cold water your whole life, haven't you? My kids are the same. . .they don't care how cold it is. They are in, baby!

Autumn and Barrett said...

Love it. I'm with you on all the lake stuff... you know. It is definitely in the blood! And Reilly's feet! Ha ha ha! Liv's are a 9 now (of course my giant boats are now a 10) but it never ceases to amaze me. I wish they would stop growing!

Autumn and Barrett said...

Why on earth this is coming up as Autumn and Barrett is beyond me. She was here 2 weeks ago, so she must be logged in! It's actually Tiffany.

Kristin said...

And that...Naomi and Tiffany...is why you two are my two raddest friends!! Congratulations.

(Autumn and Barrett are lovely people as well.)

Kelley said...

I am going to pretend I didn't actually read that my sweet & obviously elder sister used the word "raddest" and continue on with just a small discrepancy about my ability to throw an egg.... you know I have a bad shoulder from my waitressing days!

Seriously--- the videos of Bryn you post are always so darn cute. Even when throwing a tantrum- she does it for a good cause. I hope she will teach Elle not to be such a ninny about water.. sheesh!
I would also love a dress in my size that she was wearing as well.

Thanks for posting the pics- granny looks so cute in that picture.

Coolness,
Kelley
* and yes that was a quick mock to you* xoxo

Kristin said...

Kelley- you're just mad that I didn't say you were raddest. Don't be jeal. You're slightly rad... With a wimpy throw.