Tim Tam Slams and River's Birthday
We had a fun weekend. Even though we are still unpacking and recovering from what I now like to call "our disappointment" (sounds very Jane Austen doesn't it?) we managed to hit two parties, tackle a big project, and have a Tim Tam Slam Fest. Not too bad for a dreary snowy weekend.
Friday night we went to a friends surprise 40th Birthday Party and had a great time...and got started painting Kameron's room. Saturday we painted and painted and in order to get a sugar buzz going to keep us on task late at night, Tyler and I, did a quite a few Tim Tam Slams which are perhaps my new favorite dessert.
Ever heard of the Tim Tam Slam? How about a Tim Tam? I never had but apparently it is Australia's favorite cookie. America has been missing out. Any how I saw this on a blog and then randomly saw the ol' Tim Tam's at Albertsons this weekend.
They are delicious right out of the package. I managed to scarf down a few while running around on Saturday and boy did I regret eating them cold and not in a "slam". A slam is done by biting off opposite corners of the Tim Tam cookie. You then dip one end in a hot beverage either hot chocolate or coffee.
Like so...this is not my hand...I got this from the Internet. This was not documented because believe me people you DID NOT want to see me and Tyler slamming and sucking like greedy little pigs.
Okay, so after you have bitten your cookie and submerged one end into hot chocolate you suck the other bitten off end. Once you feel hot chocolate moving up through the cookie...the cookie cools it off so don't worry about burning your mouth...you slam that whole cookie into your mouth where it collapses into liquid fudge. Sweet Mother!! It is seriously one of the best things I have ever eaten. If you could have seen the look of ecstasy on Tyler's face (because I made him try it first) you would be RUNNING to the grocery store right now. (Tim Tam's are also sold at Target.) We got a package thinking it would be fun to do for FHE with the kids. We ate the whole thing ourselves. Sorry kiddies!! They were too darn delicious. Who knew that Tim Tam Slams were so popular. There are YouTube videos on how to properly slam them and even a song about Tim Tam Slams. Those crazy Australians!!
****Edit: DO NOT buy the caramel Tim Tams. While you can slam them...they are not nearly as good as the chocolate creme ones!!****
We also managed to squeeze in a fun trip down to Stacey's house to celebrate our niece River's 4th Birthday.
Stacey making the magic happen. We don't do friend birthday parties anymore. Hallelujah. And guess what? No one cares... as long as we do something fun. Lucky for River, her mom is a much nicer mom than Aunt Kristin. :)

1 comments:
Okay, now I am really hungry - too bad it is Sunday and I can't run out to the store to try some!
Thanks for coming to my party! You totally surprised me - I appreciate the good friend that you are.
Post a Comment