It's been awhile since I have done a book review. I just finished this book. It was recommended to me by my sister, Stacey. She was even kind enough to lend me the book which sat on my shelf for months. Finally I blew the dust off and started reading. Let me preface this by saying that this isn't one of my favorite genres...modern day...crime...mystery. I generally don't gravitate to books like that. But once I started reading I was hooked. I loved it.
From Goodreads:
Back in 1985, Frank Mackey was nineteen, growing up poor in Dublin's inner city, and living crammed into a small flat with his family on Faithful Place. But he had his sights set on a lot more. He and Rosie Daly were all ready to run away to London together, get married, get good jobs, break away from factory work and poverty and their old lives.
But on the winter night when they were supposed to leave, Rosie didn't show. Frank took it for granted that she'd dumped him-probably because of his alcoholic father, nutcase mother, and generally dysfunctional family. He never went home again.
Neither did Rosie. Everyone thought she had gone to England on her own and was over there living a shiny new life. Then, twenty-two years later, Rosie's suitcase shows up behind a fireplace in a derelict house on Faithful Place, and Frank is going home whether he likes it or not.
This is a great summer read. Perfect to read while traveling or soaking up the sun. Once I started reading I found out that it was the 3rd book in a series. It didn't matter. You can read it as independent book and it is still a fun read. Oh yeah...in case you were wondering...Tyler is reading it too. He gives it the thumbs up.
Image via Pinterest
On another note...
This book just arrived in the mail for me from Amazon. I am so excited to read it I can hardly stand it. I will probably wait to savor it and finish up some of the other books I am currently reading. Delayed gratification people. Why am I so excited? It is a book written by one of my former high school teachers...Mr. Gould. Let me rephrase. My ALL-TIME-FAVORITE TEACHER!! It is a satirical story based on my high school. Oh my high school. That is a post for another day. Mr. Gould was flat out hilarious. I can't wait!!




0 comments:
Post a Comment