End of the School Year Hoopla
As the school year ended things were busy beyond belief. Several days in a row there were about four different events (all important) that we needed to be at, at the exact same time. It was crazy. Here's a recap of some of the crazy and fun events that took place as the school year came to a close.
1.) Track Season Ended
Kameron finished his first year of competitive school track. He did a great job. I don't think he enjoys track as much as he does cross-country but he does love running hurdles. He was only one of about three seventh graders who would even attempt them. He only took one fall... not during a meet thank goodness...just at practice. I would nearly have a heart attack watching him...many kids went down at the meets running hurdles. Kam would make it over them every time. Awesome. I was beyond impressed. This year was more about not falling down or knocking over the hurdles...and next year it will be more about form and speed. He loved his team and he loves to run so it worked out great! We had fun watching!!
2.) I had a month long intense calling at the temple.
I got called to be our ward's temple cleaning coordinator. Every four years our ward is in charge of supplying people to clean the temple three days a week for a month. I had the job of finding about 20 people to fill each of those shifts for each of those days for the month. Hmmm...not as easy as one might think. I didn't love this calling. A.) It came at a super busy and stressful time. B.) Our bishopric didn't really know what it would entail and how much time was involved especially for a mom that still had a child at home. C.) Tyler had to take off a lot of work/go in late for me to do this calling which stressed me out. D.) I don't like bugging people to volunteer to do things. E.) I don't like cleaning. F.) Some people weren't very nice...most people were...but the one's that weren't were surprisingly rude. I was shocked. G.) I had jury duty simultaneously. That said, 1.) I learned a lot about how methodically and carefully the temple is cleaned. 2.) I was able to be in the temple a lot in the month of May. 3.) I was able to give back and serve in a way that I never have before. 4.) I am excited to go to the temple...and not have to clean it. 5.) I learned who I can count on and who are the genuinely nice people in my ward. 6.) I grew spiritually in surprising ways. 7.) The Spokane Temple is now a place that I feel like I truly am a part of and it is a part of me right down to all it's nooks and crannies. 8.) I feel more comfortable there and less awkward. (I am renowned for having weird and embarrassing situations occur at the temple.) Regardless, I was happy when June arrived.
3.) Ailey had her 4th Grade Music Program: DISCO!!
Lucky for us we had a leftover American Idol costume from when Reilly was little that we found in the dress-ups box and made disco-y. Ailey did a great job and was totally adorable.
| Gabi and Ailey |
Ailey and some of her cute friends who are always so kind to include Bryn. She just loves being around them.
Bryn is so excited for Kindergarten that she can barely stand it!!
4.) Kameron got to march in not one but two parades with his marching band. First up was the Jr. Lilac Parade. His middle school won first place in the band competition so they got to march in the Lilac Torch Light Parade with all the high school bands which was super exciting for him. We had a great time watching him and cheering him on. All I have is video which I will need to include later.
Proud parents!!
5.)
I got my yearly mammogram. Yay!
6.) This was all the rage to eat for snack with the girls in 4th grade. Weirdos. I had to buy big huge packs of it from Costco for Ailey to take to school. For the world's pickiest eater, I was baffled that she would actually eat seaweed of all things. But she did. Not even I can munch on it unless it's wrapped around some sushi. (This photo refuses to turn around the proper direction so I give up.)
7.) Bryn rode a bull. (She really wanted me to include this picture. Ha ha.)
9.) More swimming
10.) Kameron had his Scout Court of Honor.
He earned several things and was pretty happy about that.
Matt and Kam
11.) Reilly had her end of the year Spring Choir Concert.
12.) The little girls had their ballet recital it was The Nutcracker this year. They did a fantastic and outstanding job!!
13.) It was Ailey's school Trek aka their fun run fundraiser. It is always a lot of fun. It was so weird to have Ailey as the only child in elementary school.
14.) Kameron and Tyler went on a Scout Overnighter and had a spectacular time. We had a girls night of 80's movies, buttered cheerios and malted milkshakes (old family treats from childhood).
Like father like son!!
I'm so glad that these guys are getting in lots of camping (thanks to Scouts) and that I am NOT camping!!
15.) Farm Chicks came and went. It was amazing, exciting, so much fun, successful, and exhausting.
16.) Bryn graduated from preschool. *sniff* Our baby is all grown up and headed to Kindergarten. Boy, did she have a great year!! We have loved the two years that she spent at this fun preschool and so did she!! I think she is well prepared for next year.
Bryn is in the center singing away...
Rylynn and Bryn who are not only school friends but church friends too. Half of the class, at least, are kids from our stake and quite a few of the high school buddies are too. Bryn just thrived in this environment.
The fabulous Mrs. Crater who runs such an amazing preschool. We just love her!!
I am so bummed. I absolutely loved this class. As a person who only attended less than one year of seminary and only half paid attention in my religion classes at BYU ...this adult institute class has been life changing. See the woman teaching? (Do you like my stealthy picture taking skills?) She the rain man of doctrinal facts, LDS history, current events, and a master scriptorian. Not only that, but she is able to teach in the most interesting way. I learned so much and was able to understand the gospel on a much deeper level than I ever have before. My testimony has grown by leaps and bounds. I was literally so excited to go on Monday mornings. (There was also a Tuesday night class available.) I would come home brimming with interesting gospel facts and my family liked learning them as much as I did. I have grown so much as a mother, woman, and disciple of Christ. I can't wait for it to start back up in the fall.
19.) Then school ended and we jumped for joy!!
20.) Now that summer is here, it is time to kick back and enjoy it!!

0 comments:
Post a Comment