Friday, June 12, 2015

April

Remember April?



I barely do. I am so far behind on blogging. April seems so long ago...especially now that it is June. Pretty much the biggest thing that happened in April was Prom...after Easter and Bryn's birthday of course. Oh and Kam started track. Here are some pictures from long ago April.

Prom Prep...

Reilly and I went Prom dress shopping and somehow wrangled Tyler into coming with us. (Believe me I needed the back up support! Teenage girls and their mothers don't often see eye to eye on dresses.) Luckily we found a cute dress that all three of us really liked pretty quickly and the whole process was fairly painless. It was a little prom miracle. Then we ended up having a fun night hanging out just the three of us. That isn't something that happens very often these days. So we reveled in it.


See everyone was smiling!! Well, it kind of looks like Tyler is grimacing but we will take what we can get!! (He grimaced a lot this month it appears.)


One of the rejects...but one that she knew Ailey and Bryn would love!! Princess dress!!


Finally the perfect dress in the perfect color. It is kind of hard to tell from the pictures but it is an almost neon coral color. Perfect for Reilly. It was super cute and the minute she tried it on we all knew that it was the perfect dress.

Then it was onto mall chair massages...well earned and Dole Whips...also well earned.


Those massage chairs are more painful than relaxing. We were all yelping in pain most of the time.


Who needs to go to Hawaii or Disneyland when you can get a Dole whip right at the mall here in Spokane. For years I have heard about how amazing these are...the hype was well deserved. Delish. I will try the Dole whip float next time. Yay Spokane. Finally getting with the program.

The big day arrived. Reilly was busy all day getting fancy. There were hair appointments, spray tan appointments, and nail appointments. It was pretty exciting,


Her up-do...done by our friend and hair dresser to Tyler, Reilly, and Kam...Stephanie.


Her fancy nails...


The tickets


These girls were very excited for their big sister!!



They went to eat at Olive Garden downtown and then went to the dance...and Reilly went to a prom party after that. So crazy that Senior Prom is over and done.


The official photo

And then it was onto things like this...


Creating the Senior Tribute for the yearbook, ordering her cap and gown, designing graduation announcements, paying off her school debts (how one girl can lose and destroy more books I have no idea?!), remind her to finish her senior project, and schedule all of those end of the year Senior activities.


 Official Announcements


Then it was Western Day at the elementary school and a Western Dance that night. Daddy took Ailey and Bryn and they had a fabulous time!! Kameron and I had another awesome Mother/ Son night. We again watched movies and ate junk. It was great!! I love that he still wants to do stuff like that with me. I fear this may be fleeting once girls come on the scene although my brother Kirk and my mom had their CSI and Parmesan Popcorn nights until he was in his 20's so maybe there is hope or Kirk is just weird. Ha ha! Kidding Kirky. :)


Mother/Son Night O' Fun!!


We also had a fun girls day too during the month of April!!

Then track season started...


Yes, I am aware that this picture is slightly blurry. That is some stellar sports photography right there...and I think I paid $20 for it too. Oh well. Squint your eyes...Kam is really cute.



During track season while waiting for Kameron's events...which were always at the end of the meet... I forced Tyler to take a million selfies out of boredom. Hence his grimace. Although it looks like the dude behind us was into it!


Hey, I get my kicks where I can and I find hideous selfies très amusant. Tyler, not so much.


We also attended a Pre-Farm Chicks Party downtown. Here we are with my friend Michelle. It was fun to see many of our friends and to get excited for Farm Chicks. On that note, my Mom and Stacey headed to Omak to participate in the Vintage Faire Show there. I didn't go this year as it was the same weekend as Prom. I spent most of April working my butt off preparing for Farm Chicks.

And that's about all I can remember about April...

Random thoughts... Blogger should get emoticons. I barely know how to express my feelings without those weird symbols anymore and while we are at it how about a "like" button. Sometimes comments feel too taxing. (That is the level of laziness I have succumbed too.)

From The Duff (one of the movies I watched with Kameron and yes, we were both mortified at times) but I loved this scene.



0 comments: