Friday, June 26, 2015

June Part 1

June Part 1


I turned 43!!

My birthday hit right during Farm Chicks madness. My birthday was on set-up day, the busiest and most tiring day of all. Still it was a great day and it never hurts to be doing something that you love on your birthday. My little girls even managed to squeeze in a quick breakfast in bed for me very early that morning before I had to head out.


Homemade muffins made by Ailey and a red bull to wash it down. GOOD MORNING!!


Then it was off to set-up for the big show!! More about that in a later post. Let's just say that the day was long but fun. After set-up Tyler and I managed to squeeze in a movie, We went to see this movie. We both loved it!!


We especially loved the sound track and we listened to it the whole time we were in California last week. Perfection.

We got home late...around 10pm...and had a little impromptu birthday party. Hostess cupcakes work in a pinch. Poor Ailey and Bryn. They were both sound asleep and we had to drag them out of bed to PAR-TAY!!


Then the next day was the big show... here's a little preview of our triple booth space.


Then that night we had a big family dinner at a thai restaurant and then it was back to our house for cake and presents with Stacey, Mom, and Kelley and Elle.



I had a great birthday!!



Check out this beauty made by Tyler!! A triple layer hot milk cake (my grandma's recipe) with homemade butter cream and strawberries. My birthday cake of choice nearly every year!! Yum.


In this crazy busy month we even managed to squeeze in another family hike. We seriously live in the most gorgeous place. Spokane in the summer is a gorgeous place to be!!








I love this time of year when we can get out and enjoy all that Spokane has to offer. This trail is only 5 minutes from my house and we only saw 3 other people. I LOVE THAT!!

Reilly and Kameron both had their end of the year music programs. They did fantastic!!




Another awards picture!! Kameron has had the greatest experience in Band. He has absolutely loved wind ensemble and jazz band. He had a terrific teacher who Kam actually wrote a heart-felt card for and gave her a teachers gift. I loved that part of it said "not only are you an amazing teacher; you are a great friend; and I will miss you next year." I don't think that you could ask for higher praise from an 8th grader.

Reilly's concert was bittersweet as it was her last high school concert. She got her medallion and I loved how they honored the seniors by having them step forward to the front of the stage. I have never participated in choir or had any siblings who did so having a choir kid was a whole new experience for me. I have absolutely loved it!! I have been moved to tears several times and am so grateful for this new found appreciation. It will be fun because Ailey is following in her big sister's choir footsteps. I look forward to future choir events. Who knew? :)


I also got to go on the Kindergarten field trip with Elle and Bryn. It was fun!! They are so cute and it means so much to them to have someone there. I was glad that it worked out that I could go.


We went downtown to Riverfront Park. We got to go to the IMAX movie (which I love), ride the carousel, play on the big wagon, and have lunch. It turned out to be a fun day with the girlies!! It didn't hurt that there were a bunch of fun moms on the field trip and their teacher is fun too.


At the IMAX


Eating lunch





Both Bryn and I got a war horse!! Score!!


Elle wanted a princess horse!!


The girls with their awesome teacher Mrs. Brown. They have had the best year with her. They absolutely love her and she loves them!! I enjoyed volunteering in her class this year and think that they had a really terrific Kindergarten experience. Our other kids (except for Reilly) had Mrs. Smith (who we also love) and I was a little worried about this year but it turned out great! I am so grateful that our kids go to such an amazing school with teachers who really love and care about them and their families long after they leave their classroom.



Their teacher and class

I also got to go help out with the kindergarten field day which was brutally hot and much less enjoyable. I bowed out of the school picnic and Tyler got to go and have lunch with Ailey, Bryn, and Elle.


Ailey not pictured...her class had to head in early.





So cute!

Next up: Farm Chicks

0 comments: