2016: A Year In Review
2016: highlights and lowlights
-2016 started off a bit rocky with me having some weird health issues and having to do a bunch of testing. Luckily my weird symptoms went away and the tests didn't show anything amiss. Thank goodness.
-Tyler turned 45.
-Kameron auditioned for and made wind ensemble as a freshman.
-Kameron grew his first peach fuzz mustache.
-Tyler and I went on an awesome trip to Portland and the Oregon Coast for his birthday.
-Ailey's artwork was selected to be in an art show downtown.
-My favorite author Pat Conroy died. :(
-My mom was hospitalized with multiple pulmonary DVTs and a clot shower. She struggled with her recovery from that for the rest of the year.
-Reilly survived her break up with her high school boyfriend Justin. It was a traumatic one but a good decision.
-We went to Utah over Spring Break and had a fantastic time hanging out with Reilly.
-We stopped in Rexburg, Idaho on our way home and got to visit with my grandma. This was one of the last few times that she was lucid. She knew us and it was a gift. I am so glad that we had this time to tell her that we loved her while she still knew who we were.
-Bryn turned 7.
-Our ward was divided three different ways and we were traumatized.
-I was released from Young Women. That was HARD and I was called to serve in the Primary Presidency.
-Ailey auditioned for and got two big parts in her 6th grade musical and sang two duets. She was amazing!
-Kameron finally shaved his peach fuzz mustache. Glorious day!!
-Kameron was a nerd in the stake roadshow.
-Tyler and I celebrated our 21st anniversary with an epic staycation downtown.
-Kameron ran track.
-Bryn lost both of her front teeth. :)
-Bryn was a cute cowgirl in her 2nd grade music program.
-Sisters Creed had a super successful Farm Chicks show.
-I turned 44 and Reilly drove through the night to surprise me on my birthday!
-Kameron lettered in band.
-Kameron had an awesome experience at youth conference.
-Ailey graduated from elementary school.
-Ailey turned 12 and graduated from Primary and moved up to YW.
-Tyler and the kids and I went on a fun trip to Flathead Lake, MT to do the Vintage Whites Market show.
-Ailey went to Girls Camp for the first time.
-We had a great family reunion at the lake.
-Tyler got his continuous glucose monitoring device and it has changed our lives!! (Best thing ever!!)
-Tyler and I did a ton of hiking!!
-I did a lot of paddleboarding!!
-Tyler discovered the joys of kayaking.
-Reilly came home for a visit in August and we hung out at the lake the entire time.
-Kameron had a great experience going on a week long canoe trip for Scout High Adventure.
-Kameron went to band camp.
-Ailey attended math camp.
-Bryn started 2nd grade.
-Ailey started 7th grade and middle school.
-Kameron started 10th grade.
-Reilly started her 2nd year of living in Utah.
-Reilly moved into a new apartment and absolutely loves her roommates.
-Sisters Creed had a very successful show at Funky Junk Antiques show in Sandpoint, Idaho.
-Bryn ran XC this year and loved it.
-Bryn qualified for the All-City meet.
-Kameron ran XC this year and was plagued by injuries.
-Kameron auditioned for and made Jazz Ensemble.
-Bryn started piano lessons.
-Ailey started math club.
-Ailey started choir.
-Ailey went to the temple for the first time. She loved it!
-Reilly attended General Conference for the first time.
-Ailey got her braces off!! She looks beautiful.
-Reilly turned 20. (gulp)
-Tyler and the kids and I traveled to Montana to participate in the Vintage Whites Christmas Market. It was fantastic!
-I met the designer/blogger Miss Mustard Seed. So cool.
-Kameron turned 16.
-Kameron was ordained a priest.
-Kameron started Drivers ED and earned his Learner's Permit.
-Ailey made the drill team!!
-Kameron started dating. (gulp)
-Tyler was ordained a High Priest.
-Ailey had her first choir concert.
-Bryn had her first piano recital.
-Reilly came home for the holidays.
-My mom had a bilaterial cardiac catheterization and found out that her heart is healthy.
-We rang in 2017!
Favorite Books that I Read in 2016:
1.) The Lake House by Kate Morton
2.) Life After Life by Kate Atkinson
3.) Rules of Civility by Amor Towles
4.) For the Love by Jen Hatmaker
5.) The Royal We by Jessica Morgan and Heather Cocks
Book that I Hated: (And Abandoned)
Fates and Furies by Lauren Groff
Goal Review for 2016:
This year I doubled my goals and I felt like I made real progress in so many areas. That was encouraging. Of course there were several areas in which I didn't make any progress at all and that sucks. Those are going to be my hardest hit goals for 2017.
Happy 2017!!

0 comments:
Post a Comment