December: Things I Am Loving
Besides the obvious...the holidays, family togetherness, Light the World, parties, and celebrations...Here are a few other things that I loved in December.
1.) Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life
I watched the original series when it first aired. At the time Reilly was four years old and I had a newborn baby, cute little Kam. I loved the show and eagerly watched every week. I was so sad when it aired the final episode. (I was Team Logan.) I was super excited for the new reboot and couldn't wait to watch. I loved the new series. I want more!! Four episodes were not enough for me. Was it as good as the original series? No. Did Lorelei bug me slightly this go round? Yes. Am I still Team Logan. (Yep!) I CANNOT STAND Jess. Ugh.
2.) Hearing Kameron bless the Sacrament (and Tyler)
I am loving hearing Kameron bless the Sacrament every Sunday. He does such a great job and is so serious and reverent. One Sunday the other priest wasn't at church and so Tyler got to bless the Sacrament with Kameron and my heart nearly burst with joy seeing the Johnson men doing their duty and using their priesthood righteously.
3.) Reading Glasses
The man looks pretty darn sexy in his readers!! Yep, it's official. Reading glasses are now a part of our reality. Tyler needed them last year and this year it was my turn. It sucks to suddenly not be able to see small print. I feel like it happened overnight. Ugh. I don't need them to read books but I do need to put mine on when reading my scriptures. Mine are the small sized quad. I also need them for looking at markings on silver and dishes and other antique items for Sisters Creed. Tyler and I had quite the hilarious outing picking out our readers!!
4.) Red lipstick
Over the holidays I put on some red lipstick and loved it!! I haven't worn red lipstick since my Texas days and on into college. I forgot how much I liked it. Reilly and I were on the hunt for the perfect shade of red over Christmas break. I bought the MAC red and a limited edition matte red from Sephora. I particularly like the matte. I usually layer the matte red with another shade of lipliner over that top to produce the shade that I like the best. It has been fun to have that pop of color in the middle of winter. I am sure that I will go back to my usual earth tones and nudes eventually but I am loving rocking the red right now!! It's a little south on my mouth!!
5.) Bryn the Personal Trainer
| Picture obviously not from December but Bryn in her sporty glory. |
This was so up Bryn's alley. She is our little health nut. She LOVES healthy food. (Her favorite food is salad.) She requests fruits and vegetables all the time. She hates processed foods. She says that they make her feel sick. She even oddly dislikes carbs. She doesn't like potatoes and rice. How is that even possible? She is active and sporty and she will be the child that keeps Tyler and I fit and active into our old age. It was so fun to hear about her business, her clients, and her success each day. I remember doing this in 4th grade but I sold homemade heart-shaped suckers that my mom and I made together. Such a totally 80s thing. :)


0 comments:
Post a Comment