Monday, August 05, 2019

June: Things I am Loving

1.) Living Proof Dry Shampoo




I have tried a TON of dry shampoos! (Dry shampoo is a girl's best friend if you have hair extensions.) I wasn't a fan of most of them. They either smelled good but didn't work or the opposite they worked well but smelled terrible. Finally I DMed multiple Instagram Beauty Bloggers/Influencers (that was my level of desperation) and this one was always recommended. It is pricey but it works well and lasts a long time. The smell isn't bad either. This is my favorite dry shampoo by far!

2.) AirPods



Are they as great as everyone says. Yep! 

3.) Algenist Eye Cream




I have also tried about a million different eye creams. Every time I go to Sephora and buy something I always get a sample of a different eye cream. I don't want to pay that much money for something I don't like.  I tried a bunch before I finally found one that I like. This eye cream is so rich and soothing. I love putting it on my tired eyes before I go to bed and again in the morning. Is it getting rid of my wrinkles?? I doubt it. But it sure feels good!

4.) Armchair Expert Podcast with Dax Shephard


When the TV show Parenthood came out years ago I thought that the character of Crosby (played by Dax Shephard) was just like my brother Kirk. Same humor and personality. Turns out Crosby is just Dax Shephard being himself for the most part. Through the years I have continued to enjoy Dax and have continued thinking that he reminds me of my brother. While we were in San Francisco Kirk kept referring to Dax and Dax's podcast. Turns out Kirk loves Dax Shephard...I wonder why?! LOL. So due to Kirk's continuous recommending and quoting I started listening to Dax's podcast called Armchair Expert. I love it!  In fact, listening to multiple episodes of the podcast got us all across the big ol' state of Texas! Be warned. It is not PG or kid friendly...and they are long episodes...2 hours...but enjoyable and hilarious.

5.) Queso


Speaking of Texas... I'd be terribly remiss if this wasn't on my list for June. I ate as much queso as I possibly could as I traveled throughout Texas and it wasn't nearly enough! And no... not all quesos are alike. Texas queso is highly superior. I recently had queso at a trendy mexican restaurant and it was garbage. TEX-MEX QUESO FOREVER!!

0 comments: