1.) My Brother
My brother is the best! He really is. I am so grateful to have him in my life. With my mom gone he is my first call (after Tyler and our kids) with any kind of news or when I am feeling sad and missing my mom. He is such a great person and I am grateful to call him brother and friend.
2.) Late Notes Instagram Account
Do you follow this guy? If not, you should! Basically this Utah dad takes carpool driving to the next level. He dresses up in all kinds of crazy characters to make his grouchy teenage daughter laugh. She pretty much hates it and doesn't often laugh but I do! Hard. Go check out his Instagram account and watch all of his highlights. Hilarious.
3.) Book Podcasts
Reading has been slow to return after my mom passed away. I have had a hard time concentrating. So while I may not be reading many books I enjoyed listening to podcasts about books and growing my TBR list.
4.) Sister Wives
This show is mind numbing and that is exactly what I needed this month. Most often it puts me straight to sleep. Those women?? And Kody?? He is the worst.
5.) Gratitude Practices
My mom had me start writing in a gratitude journal right after I had Reilly. Suddenly being a new mom and staying at home all day with a baby was very challenging. My mom recommended the book Simple Abundance by Sarah Ban Breathnach and bought me a copy. It really changed my life. We have talked about this book so many times over the past 23 years and how being grateful and *noticing* all of the things to be grateful for and learning to love and appreciate the simple things in our lives made both of us much happier people. This was one of the greatest life lessons that my mom gave to me. It makes sense that during one of the hardest times of missing her I didn't skip writing in my gratitude journal and still noticing and appreciating all of the things that I have to be grateful for. Thanks Mom.





0 comments:
Post a Comment