Saturday, December 26, 2020

COVID-19 Quarantine: Days 246-250

 Day 246:  11-14-20 (Saturday)

Today the Midtown Market Holiday Open House started and runs this weekend. Our Peloton got delivered and set-up. That was exciting!!

Kam and his district posted an awesome carpool karaoke video! It is seriously the BEST thing that I have ever seen on FB!


(Not sure why this video isn't popping up on my cell phone but is on my lap top.)

Try the link. It works:



Day 247: 11-15-20 (Sunday)

Tyler and I had to run to Coeur d' Alene super early this morning to restock my booth after Day 1 of the holiday open house. I don't usually have to do that but I sold a ton yesterday and so did most of the other vendors so they let us all in early to update our booths. We tried a new donut place in CDA... delish... and brought some home to the girls.

Today we had church and online RS. My dad went to Sacrament Meeting for the first time in 44 years. He had a very good experience and felt welcomed. He said that he will go back. He is also meeting with the Elders Quorum President on Wednesday night.

We had Reilly's family birthday party! Ailey and Bryn did a cute job of decorating!



Reilly requested pad thai for her dinner and specialty flavored lemonade to drink. She wanted strawberry rhubarb pie for her cake. She also wanted us all to change into pajamas for the evening. Done. It was a fun night celebrating together. 





She also requested to go through a bunch of old family pictures to show Hunter and then we had a game night. We had a great time!



Happy Birthday Ry!! We love you!!

The best was that we surprised her with a flocked Christmas tree as one of her birthday gifts. She was SO EXCITED!! We haven't been able to surprise her like that in a long time! So fun!


We got texted this new picture of Kameron! Another fun surprise.

I also had another great day of sales for the Holiday Open House! Yay!

Day 248: 11-16-20 (Monday)

Today it poured rain all day long. Kam's video is still going strong! So many views and shares. He was pretty stoked about it! It has been fun to watch and see the numbers keep going up.

The governor put WA state in modified lockdown for the next 4 weeks...businesses closed...lines to get into grocery stores...rationing of paper products and cleaning supplies again. No meeting with people outside of your family....no Thanksgiving gatherings of people outside of your household. Gyms are closed again. Restaurants can only serve take-out. 

Reilly came home from work early with a massive headache and throwing up blood. The Teladoc thinks she may have an ulcer. She has had issues with her stomach since she was a teenager. We spent several hours on the phone with her and trying to get her in to be seen somewhere without sending her to the ER. COVID is such a piece of crap!! You can't get in anywhere and you don't WANT to go anywhere. Dealing with this pandemic is a bunch of #$%^!!!! I am so DONE!!

Our family video chatted with Kam tonight. Reilly was still feeling terrible and had to get off the phone early. Kam is in lockdown in Minnesota for the next two weeks. Their Mission President had all the missionaries make emergency supply bins. They can't go to church or meet with anyone in person again. They can't see other missionaries. They are not to see anyone who doesn't live with them. They can't even see the sister missionaries who live in their same complex. It is really depressing for them. They are just stuck in their little apartment with nothing to do and no one to see. This two week period includes Thanksgiving which was pretty disheartening. Six missionaries in their mission have COVID right now. The one bright spot is their car pool karaoke video has gone viral-ish! LOL. Last night it was up to 21.2K views and hundreds of shares. 


Every missionary has their struggles and hardships...knocking on doors, rejection, homesickness, exhaustion, riding bikes in inclement weather etc. The missionaries today struggle with boredom, cabin fever, and feeling like they are just "on call" missionaries. They are so ready and willing to serve and teach but they haven't been able to do in person lessons, can't do in person service work, and can't even attend church right now. This is an *interesting* time to serve a mission. Despite all of that, Kameron manages to stay in pretty good spirits. He really enjoys his fellow missionaries. He is learning and growing. It's hard when you can't even get lost in the work and stay busy. Support your local missionaries. They need it.

Transfers are also coming up. They are the day before Thanksgiving. Kam seems a bit apprehensive. I think that he would like to stay where he is and stay with the same guys for another round.

Tyler and I did our first peloton rides tonight! Very cool! We are loving it!


I read with Bryn before bed. We are (still) reading Echo by Pam Munoz Ryan. I am so glad that she still wants to do this!

Day 249: 11-17-20 (Tuesday)
 
Today Tyler and I had a great walk at the park at midday. Later in the afternoon he took Ailey driving and I took Bryn to piano lessons. We all needed a pick-me-up so we did an unexpected Baskin Robbins run at 4pm! LOL.


The leaves on our trees are finally starting to turn colors. Crazy. Reilly is feeling a bit better. She set up her Christmas tree and it looks really cute! 


Great job Reilly!

I am trying to narrow down what we want to do for this year's unconventional Thanksgiving. Sometimes I just want to skip it and move on to Christmas this year.

Tyler and I did more Peloton rides today. This time we both did a class. We both loved it! But.. we definitely need to buy a padded seat! Ouch.

Day 250: 11-18-20 (Wednesday)

Today on our walk at the park I ran into my friend Jen! That literally made my day! We caught up for about 20 minutes. I just love her! Texting/social media is great but there is nothing like seeing good friends face-to-face!

My painting station in our garage is AWESOME! I love that I can be working out in the garage no matter what time of day or night or weather. It is fantastic!


I decorated the tree in our family room. I am going with a red theme down there. 


Tyler took Ailey to her DMV appointment. She FINALLY got her official Learner's Permit! Hallelujah!

My dad called me to tell me that he met with the Elder's Quorum President and his wife and had a really nice visit. That makes me happy. I think he can really use a loving ward family.

We had an online appointment with the sister missionaries. One of the missionaries has a cousin who is on a mission with Kam. Small world.

0 comments: