Day 296: 1-3-21 (Sunday)
I woke up to the dread of tomorrow hanging HEAVY over my head. Tyler wasn't in the best of moods and was pretty snappy this morning. It's A LOT for him to gear up for yet another heart procedure.
Bryn had an early morning Zoom meeting with our bishop. She got her first calling and she was super excited about it too! She got called to be the president of the group of younger girls in YW. She has to pray about and pick her counselors and secretary. She is thrilled and up for the challenge. She is great at leadership and she isn't clique-y. Brynnie is a friend to all. She will be great in that calling. Today is technically her first day of YW.
We didn't go to church in person because we are having to seriously quarantine once again prior to Ty's procedure. We livestreamed sacrament meeting and Tyler blessed the sacrament for us. Sometime during church I stopped feeling so "dready" about things and Tyler was in a better mood too. We went for a walk and that also helped. We ended up having a very nice Sunday with the girls and I went to bed with fairly calm nerves.
Day 297: 1-4-21 (Monday)
We had to be up by 4:30 am and at the hospital by 5:30 am. Two weeks ago the whole check in process went really fast. There was no time to sit and worry.... not so today. Waiting pre-procedure was EXTRA long this time and that was not good for this worrier. Tyler sat in the waiting room for 45 minutes waiting to be called back. Then I sat out there for another 45 minutes before they let me go back and sit with him. By then I had a full blown migraine. I also missed his doctor coming in and talking to him pre-procedure.
He went back for his procedure at 7:45 am and I sat waiting in his room for the longest 2 hours and 10 minutes of my life. I was told the procedure would be between 1 1/2 and 2 hours. So the extra time crawled by and filled me with terror.
I was able to wait in his room which was really nice. He had a great nurse who brought me a drink and offered me snacks. This time I couldn't concentrate enough to read. I couldn't sit still. I paced and stared out of the window at the view. All of the friends and family who texted/messaged me during this time were such a HUGE BLESSING! I was so touched by everyone who knew that I would be waiting alone and took the time to keep me busy and texting. IT SAVED ME.
My view
Just before Tyler was wheeled in his nurse ran in to tell me that the procedure had been a SUCCESS! Dr. Huber was able to place two stents and went in through one wrist. Miraculous!! I burst into very happy tears. The fact that Dr. Huber was able to do what Dr. Boulet could not was miraculous on it's own but Tyler was prepped for both wrists in case Dr. Huber had to go in from both sides and prepped if he had to go in from one or two sides of his groin. Recovery is much longer when they go in through the groin. Kam couldn't go up and down stairs for a week and couldn't lift for another week. It is definitely more invasive. We were prepared that he would mostly likely have a longer recovery so it was absolutely amazing that it was able to be done all through one wrist.
Picture we texted to the kids to let them know that their dad was out of surgery and doing well. This happened to be Kam's P-Day so we were able to stay in contact with him all day and give him updates which was a huge blessing.
Before:
That's quite a difference.
Tyler had to be observed for a few hours and then we were home by about 4pm. He slept for a bit and then he was up and around. This time they didn't want him lifting anything for 24-48 hours. His doctor said that he was free after that to do whatever he wanted without restrictions.
I spent most of my evening on the phone talking to friends and family who were checking in. I told my friend Steph... "Now I can have my nervous breakdown" and I kind of did but it was one of RELIEF. Dinner was delivered to us and we all video chatted with Kam as a family. Reilly was on the call (as she usually is every week) and it was good for the kids to see that Tyler was doing fine. Later that night Tyler and I watched The Crown and just relished being on the other side of this whole difficult situation.
Day 298: 1-5-21 (Tuesday)
Tyler took today off of work. He is feeling good! He got up this morning and made soup to have going in the crock pot. I talked to a lot of people today. One of the best calls was to my friend Denise who is my mom's age and a great mother figure in my life. She is such a great mentor and role model. I needed mothering and she did just that! Her personality is so much like my mom's. My kids have said that for years about Denise. We all love her and she stepped in for my mom and it felt good. She also has a husband who is a diabetic with heart issues and a son-in-law who is a Type 1 diabetic. She had a career in the medical field and she gets it all. I am so grateful for her.
Tyler wanted to go for a walk today and it was allowed so we did. We took Bev to the park and walked for 2.5 miles. We worked on setting goals for 2021. Personal, Couple, Family, House etc. That felt good. We have things to work towards and that helps life feel more in control in a weird way.
The girls were busy today. Bryn had piano lessons and then a Zoom Goodbye/Secret Santa Party with her old activity day group and leaders. Ailey had her first "drive" with an instructor. He happens to be in our stake and was Kam's driving instructor too. He wanted an update on Kam. Ailey's been to his home several times because his wife was one of Ailey's girls camp advisors. This put Ailey much more at ease behind the wheel and she did a great job! She also had online Drivers Ed tonight. Tyler and I cozied up and watched more of The Crown.
Day 299: 1-6-21 (Wednesday)
Ailey went back to in-person early morning seminary today. Tyler went too...ugh...as security!! I was so annoyed with him!! Hello!! But they asked for a parent volunteer and he just automatically signed up.
I spent the day deep cleaning our house after all we have had going on. I talked to my dad on the phone this morning. Reilly came over for a porch visit after work. We miss her so much. I just want to HUG my kid!!
Here's a picture of her outside our front door. We brought her a chair and a portable heater so that we could all talk for longer than a few minutes. She was so sweet! She brought us all kinds of fancy treats from the French bakery in town. She is so thoughtful and we loved it. We had a good long visit face to face which was good for all of us!
Ailey had online Drivers Ed and Bryn had her first YW activity via Zoom. The YW made snickerdoodle cookies and she had a lot of fun! One of the girls said that she had COVID which is just dandy since her brother was sitting in Seminary this morning with Ailey!! She said that she has had it for a few days. Hello!!! Why is the brother at Seminary??? IN PERSON??? Things like this make me so angry!!
The school board met tonight and Bryn will (tentatively) be going back to in person school on Feb. 17th. She is over the moon with joy! Ailey will (tentatively) go back to in person school on March 1st. Both girls will have alternating hybrid schedules if COVID rates don't spike crazily before then. They are pretty happy about going back to school in any form!
Absolute chaos in DC... Trump supporters stormed the Capital building. No words.
Day 300: 1-7-21 (Thursday)
Do you see that? DAY 300. We are still in quarantine...and I don't even recognize my country. I am so disgusted and angry. I have no faith in Biden/Harris or in the Democrat Party nor in the Republican Party. Or quite frankly in the Senate, the House, local elected officials, nor in our judicial system... I am nauseated.
The girls were asking us about all that was going on. Why...what we thought would happen....what we need to do now? We told them to put their faith in Christ. People are looking to a president/political party/policies to save them/the country. We told them only Christ is mighty to save. Focus on Him.
I decorated my booth tonight for Valentine's Day. I got a message from Kam saying that he didn't get transferred this go around. He is staying in Blaine. His companion got transferred to downtown Minneapolis. YIKES! That sounds awful right now especially with the horrifying political situation and the previous protests and riots in Minneapolis. Kam got a new companion who is from Utah and Kam said, "He seems pretty cool." Good, I guess.

0 comments:
Post a Comment