Friday, July 27, 2007

I'm Outta Here For the Weekend...and Other Tidbits



I am off in a few hours to go to Stacey's for the weekend. We are involved in an antiques sale on Saturday. I spent the majority of this week covered in paint, dirt, grime and hot glue. But my projects are done and ready to be loaded up. Tyler and the kids decided not to come down and are instead going to have a "mommy-free" weekend. My feelings are slightly hurt because the kids keep asking me..."When are you leaving? We are going to have so much fun as soon as your gone!!" Granted I haven't been that much fun to be around lately...bad mood, tired, barking orders and telling people to stay away from my stuff because the paint is wet...but is that any reason to be so darn gleeful? ;) They tell me that they are going to spend the whole weekend eating ice cream, watching movies and having fun!! Hmmm... But it should be a fun "Girls Weekend" for me at Stacey's!!

I will look like a dork though...I was injured on my Tuesday mt. biking extravaganza...not actually while mt. biking mind you...I was injured whilst unloading my bike at my house after getting home. Valynn drove Chris' truck and we had thrown our bikes in the back of the truck. She was helping me to lift my bike up and out of the truck bed...anyway...she thought I had the bike....I thought she did and some how I managed to drop my bike on my face. Yes...I did just say I somehow managed to drop my bike on my FACE!! This should be practically impossible. Not for me!! Anyway I thought I had knocked myself out...stars were seen, spinning sensation, blackness and Valynn asking me if I was ok... I was. I didn't pass out. But I managed to scrape quite a bit of flesh off my forehead and nose.







My fingers should be in the shape of an "L" for LOSER in this picture. It doesn't look as horribly grotesque in this picture as it does in real life...to me anyway! :) But it hurt like freaking heck and I had a big goose egg for a few days. Tyler came home expecting to see something more ghastly and monstrous and was a bit let down. Tiffany--I am glad you are on vacation because you would be mocking me like crazy! Tiffany and Tyler have been privy to so many of these odd accidents of mine. I fully expect to bite it in the end and win a Darwin award like the the guy who cut off his own head with a chain saw.



Now a little report on Reilly....this last weekend she "got" water skiing. She gets up every time and stays up!! We dragged her all over the lake! She quickly acquired the snobbery that only water skiers have against those of us "tubers"...how quickly that takes effect!! :) LONG LIVE THE TUBE!!







AND NOW...for the next installment of ....REILLY REVIEWS!!



Reilly Reviews:




Nancy Drew &
The Double Jinx Mystery
By: Carolyn Keene




This book, The Double jinx mystery, is a book about a teenage girl named Nancy Drew who is a famous detective. In this book she has some people after her & her dad who are also trying to jinx them & trying to stop them from helping a man named Mr. Thurston / Oscar who is not wanting to sell his property to builders who want to make new apartments on his property. Will Nancy be able to stop these men in the end? Find out in The Double Jinx Mystery!


I liked this book because it really gets you interested EVEN IN THE FIRST CHAPTER! My favorite part of all Nancy drew books is at the end of every chapter is a 3-5 word shocker which makes you want to read the next chapter to see what happens. I really enjoy these books, so I'd give this book a 5 star plus. You must read one of the Nancy Drew books in her large series. READ IT!




AND...








Jennifer, Hecate, Macbeth, William McKinley, and Me, Elizabeth.
By: E.L. Konigsburg

The book, Jennifer, Hecate, Macbeth, William McKinley, and Me, Elizabeth, is about a young girl named Elizabeth who is new in the town called New York and she is one of the loneliest 10 year old girls in New York she thinks until she meets a 11 year old girl named Jennifer who claims to be half witch, half human girl. Jennifer makes Elizabeth do strange and sick things like drink black coffee or eat 7 raw hotdogs a day for a week or even eat 6 raw eggs a day for a week. Will Elizabeth become a life lasting witch? Find out in Jennifer, Hecat, Macbeth, William McKinley, and Me, Elizabeth.



I didn't like this book because it lost my interest really fast. I rated this book 1 star rating. If I were you I would just skip this book!

Have a great weekend!!

8 comments:

Hannah said...

Oh have a fun girls weekend, I wish I could come to the show. Take lots of pictures of the fun things you made, I would love to see them.

The "bike in the forehead" story is a good one, but maybe you should just tell people it was that vicious dog again and you managed to escape with just a few scrapes and bruises. :)

Way to go Reilly, that is awesome that you do so well. I would love to try it atleast once in my lifetime, reality is though that I should probably stick to a tube myself. Have a great weekend, maybe the kids will come down with a vomiting flu or something while your away......"Tyler could you get that please......I'm having a girls weekend?" (he he he) so much for ice cream. Just kidding. See you next weekend. ;)

andrea said...

I can't believe that you got a birthday card in the mail to me with all you have going on. I hope your sale was a success. I hope you took lots of pictures of what you sold.

You look cute with an injured face. I wish I could wear an injury so well. So cool about Reilly skiing so well. She looks adorable.

Good book reviews too, I especially like the honesty of the 1 star rating. She tells it like it is, just like you.

Kelly said...

Long live the tube indeed! Or even better? Getting a good tan with the wind breeze in your hair, dry and perty on the boat!

Your injury looks good, makes you look like a serious biker girl.

[alisar] said...

Yea, I think your injury looks pretty tough - or as my husband would say, tuff. He tried (unsuccessfully) for a long time, back in the '90s, to get 'tuff' with 2 f's to mean cool - kind of like 'phat'. Anyway, you're tough.
I hope your sale went well. Had I been able to attend, it would have done even better. I'm a big SC fan!
And now a sideline comment on the title of your blog. To this day, the word 'tidbit' makes me cringe. I avoid using it at all costs. Here's why: My maiden name is Tippetts. My middle school cafeteria frequently served a sidedish of 'pineapple tidbits' - teensy little bits of chopped pineapple. I was a very flat chested 7th grader. A nickname was born - Alisa "Pineapple" Tidbits. So traumatic.

Kristin said...

Alisa-

Duly noted! The word "Tidbits" will not appear on this blog AGAIN!!

Love,

Another fellow flat-chested 7th grader...my nickname was "Ethiopian". 7th grade blows!

[alisar] said...

Much thanks! I will be putting my Ethiopian jokes on the back burner for a while too...

Victoria said...

Hee hee, not laughing at you and your booboos but that I also seem to get myself in the weirdest ways and places *sigh* hope it is healing quickly and it does look like you had a fun weekend!!

carlo said...

even with a bike forhead injury you manage to look ADORABLE! too cute.

oh and i love reily's book reviews. i need to share them with cass.