Happy 25th Birthday Kirk

Happy Birthday!! I hope you have a wonderful day. I love you very much!! Here's your list of 25 things I love about you:
1.) He is a wonderful loving, supportive, and generous brother.
2.) He is a fantastic uncle...my kids adore him.
3.) He was the cutest baby boy ever!
4.) Before he was born Stacey, Kelley, and I made a wish in a fountain for a baby brother. Shortly thereafter my mom got pregnant with Kirk...when he was an bratty little brother he was fond of saying "Hey! You wished for me!!"
5.) His nicknames are Kirky, Nirky, Smurf, Mr. B, Nirky Quellen but if you ask him his nickname is "Kirk the Jerk".

6.) He is still called Kirky by all four of his sisters and...to my amusement...by his nieces and nephews...UNCLE Kirky that is! :)
7.) He will deny this but as a toddler his favorite toys were a clown doll named "Bobo" and a boy doll he named "Baby Bobby"!!
8.) He is the MOST hilarious person I know...he makes me laugh constantly and abuses this power. :)
9.) He is the king of impressions...my personal fav's...Kip from Napoleon Dynamite, Chewbaka and the Cowardly Lion.
10.) He is extremely obnoxious and always has to be the center of attention...but if you ask him he will say he is SHY!!
11.) He was a class clown in elementary school and has the distinction of having made one of his teachers cry.
12.) He is EXTREMELY charming...and abuses this power...it is a good thing because if he wasn't so charming he would've been beaten to death by his four sisters long ago!

13.) His favorite food is calamari.
14.) He hates birthdays and always refuses to have a party or to tell us what he'd like for his birthday...we ignore him.
15.) He doesn't like sweets or raspberries...freak...but has "dirt and worms" every year for his birthday...even as an adult.
16.) He used to torment the boys I went out with by saying things like "You sure have a lot of zits", and "Are you going to French her?" He also spread the rumor around church that he had seen me kissing a missionary!! (Not true...by the way).

17.) He loves animals and spent much of his childhood in the bayous of Houston collecting slimy creatures.
18.) His favorite past time as a child was to go to pet stores. He constantly bought snakes, frogs, toads and lizards which he would smuggle home and keep hidden in his room.
19.) He was in the delivery room when I had Kameron...he claims this has scarred him for life.
20.) He shares my love of the movie "American Flyers" and is probably the only other person in the world besides me who quotes from it regularly.
21.) He always has the best music on his IPOD. Including all my favorites bands from high school...I couldn't be prouder! ;)
22.) He is a riot to go on road trips with...we have gone on countless trips together (Tyler included) to the lake, the infamous trip to Colorado, and who could forget our most recent trip to Boise. SILENCE!! (That would be Stacey yelling at me and Kirk to stop laughing).
23.) He loves boating, water skiing, and wake boarding. He is an amazing water skiier. He makes it an art form...second only to our Uncle John.

24.) A few months ago my mom and I were checking out her online dating prospects which were grim (she has since given up online dating) when we found someone who we felt was particularly pathetic. His interests were watching CSI with his mother and eating popcorn. Not 3 minutes later Kirk yells upstairs "Mom!! CSI is on!!" and what was he eating...POPCORN!! My mom and I nearly peed our pants laughing!!
25.) He is fantastic and loving father to Kaiden.

Oh wait...there is more...Reilly just brought down a little tribute from she and Kameron and Ailey:
(Ha Ha Ha Ha...Kirk you'd better appreciate that! They have been upstairs pausing and unpausing the DVD for an hour trying to write down the lyrics...I have printed them as they were given to me!!)

8 comments:
Happy Birthday Kirky!! You were definitely the cutest little baby boy ever- even if you did pee in my face and ruin my strawberry shake!!
I of course love all the pictures-
Jeez...between Jordin and Kirk- Our bunch is getting OLD!!!
Kristin-thanks for the tributes-
question: will you reuse them and add on- or every year can we hope for a new list? =)
B-day Party at the lake this weekend?
xo-Kelley
Hmm...good question. I guess I will have to surprise you. I think a birthday party at the lake sounds fantastic.
Happy birthday Kirk. I just love those pictures. Kaiden looks just like Kirk, especially that one of him in the blue izod shirt (mom sure had a thing for those). That is Kaiden in a year or so.
XOXO Stacey
I swear your family has the cutest baby pictures.
The story about CSI and the popcorn is the funiest thing I've ever heard.
Have a fun birthday party at the lake.
I love the CSI and popcorn story. What a great story to share.
Happy Birthday to your brother, Kirk! You guys have busy summers!
Such a good looking family! What a festive time of year with 2 b-days . . . hope you have lots of fun celebrating.
See you tomorrow night!
Cute little Boy! His curly haired baby picture? That was me thirty years ago, lots of golden curls. Now mine have turned dark and nappy.
I love to read your family posts. I love "getting to know" them better, but I especially love seeing how good you are at loving people. You are a great big sis!
Post a Comment