Thursday, August 23, 2007

My 100th Post: Reilly Did It!!

Reilly accomplished her goal and finished the her summer reading list! I am so proud of her. She did such a great job and just breezed through the books. She not only read my list but read ten more books and is still on quite a roll. We went to the library on Monday and she picked out a new batch of books. She is becoming a discriminating reader too...by passing ones that are easy and don't have much of a plot for the thicker, more challenging, interesting books. I am thrilled.

I kept my end of the bargain and let her pick out her BIG REWARD ...her answer was a Girls Night with me. Yay! I'm all for that. She decided that she wanted to go out for dinner,a movie, and ice cream afterwards. Throw in a pedicure and that would be my perfect day too.





Where did she want to go out for dinner? The Food Court at the mall...so many choices. I told you Reilly is easy to please. (I could've easily been out the cash for an Ipod or dinner at Luna's.) Reilly got pizza and I hit my food court favorite...Edo's.



After our tasty dinner we wandered the mall. Sheer heaven for a soon-to-be 5th grader. We hit her favorite shops: the candy store and Claires. Then we were off to see the movie Hairspray. Reilly and I both LOVED it and left the movie singing and dancing. Reilly was all a flutter over the dreamy Zac Efron.



Then we went to Baskin Robbins for ice cream. I am old fashioned. In a world of Maggie Moos and Coldstone I love my 31 flavors. I guess I have passed that on to my kids. As much as I like mix-ins it doesn't get better than Daiquiri Ice, Chocolate Peanut Butter, Pralines and Cream, and Chocolate Mousse Royale! Yum. We had a FABULOUS NIGHT!!

And...lucky for Reilly. Her Aunt Kelley sweetened the deal and promised her a pedicure for reading beyond my summer reading list. What a nice aunt!

And now for...REILLY REVIEWS:




Eldest
By: Christopher Paolini

Eragon & Saphira have just won their battle against evil King Galbatorix's army/Urals & Eragon slade the kings highest servant, Durza the evil Shade in Farthen Dur with the Dwarfs help and now Eragon and Saphira go to Ellesmera / the land of the Elves to continue his training as a dragon rider and pick up were Brom left off. But more war clouds are covering up Eragons sunny days. Meanwhile Eragon's cousin, Roran returns to carvahall to see that his father is dead, unburied and his house is burned to the ground and finds out that his cousin has run off with the crazy old story teller. But more trouble his heading Roran's way. When the Raz'ac and Urals come for Eragon and don't find him anywhere they go for his cousin, Roran. So while Roran's fighting a war in Carvahall and Eragon is fighting another war in Alagaesia, what will the world come to? Find out in, Eldest!
I loved this book so much because it's Shocking, Surprising, Exciting, Full Adventures, and full of fun! YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPOINTED! I would rate this book my highest rating and much, much more! You must read this book



Number the Stars
By: Lois Lowery


One of the books I've recently have read is Number the Stars, by Lois Lowery, who wrote the books, The Giver, A Summer To Die, & Find A Stranger And Say Goodbye.

This book is about a girl named Annemarie who used to have two sisters but soon that changed when the German Nazis came to her town. One day, Annemarie's older sister named, Lise got run over by a Nazis war car on purpose. But Annemarie was lucky to have her younger sister, Kristi & her best friend, Ellen. But when the Nazis are looking for the Jewish people, will Ellen and her family & all the other Jewish people be safe? Find out in Number the Stars!

I liked this book because I know how hard it can be to stand up for your religion. This book will get a 5 star rating.
READ!



6 comments:

Hannah said...

Oh good for you Reilly, way to go! You are a great example to my girls, I told Grace that she will also be speding daily reading time when she learns. That is so great that you have enjoyed it so much. What a fun date too, I so want to see Hairspray...I just don't have a female date to see it with me.

Kristen we also love Baskin Robins and we don't have one. :( When I was pregnant...Daquari ice was my best friend. YUM! :)

Kelly said...

Wow the book list is very impressive, and the awesome BIG REWARD is just as cool. What a good choice, the food court for dinner and a date with mom. Cute!

Stacey said...

Good Job Reilly!!! I am so proud of you and thrilled that you love reading as much as I do. I hope Dane is a reader too. I like Lois Lowry, thanks for the recommendation. Have you read the Philip Pullman trilogy yet? I highly recommend it, and think you will love the books. XOXO Aunt Stacey

Kelley said...

Sounds like a fun evening! I am very excited that Reilly finished her books-PEDICURES HERE WE COME!!

The book I keep meaning to recommend to Reilly is:

KRISTIN LAVRANSDATTER:I
THE BRIDAL WREATH
By: Sigrid Undset

May be a bit too old- but check it out- I remember mom gave me this book years and years ago.

Looking forward to dinner w/ the kids-
xo-Kelley

andrea said...

Way to go Reilly. I have so many great memories of summer reading.

carlo said...

oh what a great, great post. yay for reading good books.

cass and riley would be good friends i think.

cass and i had a girls date yesterday for her birthday. we saw hairspray, Auntie Anne's Pretzels, outfit at Justice and B&N. Aren't they the best days out?

too much fun for all of girls, huh!