Happy Birthday Jordin

Today is my baby sister's 22nd birthday. Happy Birthday!! It seems like just yesterday you looked like this:

And this...

And this...

Here are 22 things I love about Jordi:
- She is a wonderful sister and aunt.
- She is adored by her nieces and nephews...she calls frequently just to talk to them.
- She is beautiful inside and out.
- She is funny.
- She was such cute baby with blonde ringlets and big blue eyes...until one day when I was babysitting and Kirk cut off her ringlets and I got in HUGE TROUBLE...so unfair!
- She is the only "natural" blonde in our family.
- Her nicknames are Jo-Jo, J. J., and Snort.
- When she was little she had a pronounced speech impediment and used to pronounce Kirk as "Kurk" and she used to refer to me, Stacey and Kelley as "The Gulls" (The Girls).
- When I was in high school and I was going somewhere with my friends Jordi would come running out to their cars and beg for candy and gum.
- She graduated from high school early.
- She loves to sing and act.
- She is a hard worker and usually is working 2 to 3 jobs at a time...because she LIKES to.
- She has been known to eat a potpie in the most unlikely location... ;)
- She has never met a stranger. Everyone knows Jordin. Even when she was a little girl my mom would go to the grocery store and people she didn't know would come up and ask her if she was "Jordin's mom".
- I had to wait to a semester start college at BYU...as a result I got to walk Jordi to kindergarten every day for a few months. The people at her school thought I was her teenage mother.
- She is a "loud talker" :)
- She used to write funny stories in school...our family's all-time favorite was one loosely based on Tyler called "Timmy the Diabeties Boy" (original spelling). Our family frequently quotes this story.
- She told us once that her friend Brittany was from France...when we asked her why she thought this she said it was because Brittany always wore a scarf. Our family still always asks Jordi how her friend "Zee Little French Girl" is doing.
- She likes to make up dance routines with me...we have quite a few fabulous ones to music from "Grease".
- She does a PERFECT imitation of our mom!!
- She is strong and has come through many tough times.
- She likes to give her family "piggy smooches".
Wow...already to 22 and I feel like I am just getting on a roll here!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JORDI!! I LOVE YOU VERY MUCH!! XOXOXOXOXO

9 comments:
Happy Birthday to Jordin. She sounds like a great sister and what a cute little girl she was.
Happy Birthday Jordin! You seem to fit in your fabulous family!
Happy Birthday little sis!! Great pictures of her Kristin. You have brought back a ton of memories. Jordin, we all missed you up at the lake on Saturday.
XOXOXO Stacey
Hello there dear sister! Thank you so much for posting that birthday blog about me! I really enjoyed it! I miss you so very much! I almost forgot what i looked like back in the day! How funny is that. You said so many sweet thing, it really started to make me emotional! It was crazy! I remember my little storyt that i wrote, it makes me laugh just thinking about it! It was a little too much! LOL! I know Ty remembers it too! I wish i could be up there with you guys,k and I am jealous you guys were at the lake on my birthday! i bet you guys had a wonderful time. ALso i love the pics on the sisters creed event... I wish i was there! You guys really made some excellent things, and did an amazing job! COngrats on ur profits!! Also sorry about your accident on your bike!!! Yous still look as beautiful as ever! Reilly is getting so grown up, and already water skiing that is insane! THank you so much for my birthdaty presents, you did a wonderul job! I really needed those tops... I am getting bigger by the moment, it feels like it just happens over night! I miss you and love you, and can't wait to hear back from you... YOu are such a wonderful sister, and second mother to me... Love always Jordi...
p.s. did i tell you I love you very much??????????
Happy Birthday Jordin- We love you sooo much! It seems like we were waiting FOREVER for you to turn 21-and now your already 22! yikes...Great photos- she was such a cutie pie and still is!!!
What good times we have had w/ our siblings- we are lucky indeed!!
xo-Kelley
Yay! A comment from Jordi! I'm glad you got your birthday package. We missed you on Sat. I'll give you a call. I love you lots!
Happy bday Jordi! Those old pictures are the Jordi I remember! She was so cute - still is. Kris, I wanted SO badly to appear at your Sisters Creed sale!! I stewed over the logistics. It was killing me to be only hours away and not get there! Alas, it was still just too damn far and there were too many of my own family members pulling my attention. It's probably a good thing because my car was already jam packed and I would have wanted to cram half of your stuff for sale in there as well. Now Olly and I want to move to the lake or something! It was so great to get away. I'm jealous that you get to go all the time.
Nice face scab. That's the Kris I know and love.
Tiff-
I'm glad you guys had fun in McCall. You'll have to email me some pictures of the family!!
I wish you guys would move closer...you live so stinking far away!
Happy Birthday Jordin. She was an adorable little girl!
Post a Comment