Sunday, November 04, 2007

Fun Stuff

Finally Finally Finally after much begging, arm twisting and harassing some of my very favorite people have started blogs. My brother Kirk, my best friend from college Tiffany, my best friend from growing up (and former Springdell girl) Naomi, and my good friend from here, Valynn. Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging!! Yay! Stacey, Kelley, and Jordi what's it going to take?

Has everyone survived the Halloween Sugar Crash? We had a few ugly days right after Halloween with tired and grumpy kids. But now they are their usual selves again. Most of the candy has been hidden with a piece or two allotted a day. When I was a kid the day after Halloween my mom would take away all our candy and we could have one piece a day until it was gone. That candy lasted all the way to Christmas sometimes...gross. I'm not quite that strict. I was pleasantly surprised at their candy haul. Not much "dog chow" at all (our family's word for crappy candy) I can usually convince the kids to throw away all the "dog chow" but for me as a candy pillager there was quite a sad lack of anything gummy. Oh well. Tyler on the other hand was in chocolate hog heaven...not so good for "Timmy the Diabetes Boy"!! But he wasn't listening to me.

Kirk emailed me some cute Halloween pictures of Kaiden...he was a kangaroo. Stac, email me pics of Dane!!

We had a fun weekend. Reilly and Kameron's birthdays are this week. So we spent Friday night getting all their birthday presents and supplies. We are going to do something as a family this year and then have a family party out at the lake...hallelujah neither one really wanted a big friend party. Fine by me. They would rather take the cash and DO something. Too bad we have zero snow...it would've been fun to go skiing.

Saturday night we went out to dinner with our friends the Shirleys. I brought my camera but Tyler forbid me to take pictures...he finds it embarrassing. Scrooge. It was fun to get together with them. It is hilarious listening to Tyler and Eric talk about their mission "glory" days. Tyler and Eric served their missions together in Raleigh, NC. They weren't companions for very long but became good friends. Eric got home before Tyler and both Eric and his wife to be (at the time) Joann came up to Orem for Tyler's welcome home and stayed at Tyler's dad's place.

After we got married Tyler lost contact with Eric. We moved from Utah and had been living here for two years when Tyler thought to look him up. He found an email address for him and emailed him. Eric emailed him back immediately with his phone number and Tyler called him. It turned out that we all lived in the same town!! Not only that but in the same stake. We had just bought our house and were in a new ward and church building. Turns out the Shirley's met at the same building but were in a different ward. We live about 3 minutes from their house. Crazy huh? Those two are pretty funny when they are together!!
The kids got their school pictures back. Here's what you get for $7 bucks. (They're a little gray...I didn't enhance them so you could get the full gloomy effect.)























7 comments:

andrea said...

JoAnn mentioned today that she was out to dinner with friends from the 6th ward. I wish you would have taken a picture. That's fun for Eric and Tyler to be reunited.

Lara said...

Wow, talk about a small world!

Pictures look cute!

Naomi said...

OK, now that I am officially a blogger I have become a little obsessed! I am loving it and wondering why it took so long!

Only $7? Our gloomy pics cost $30 each (that was the "basic" package.) Good thing your cute kids make any picture look good!

jenny said...

I am laughing so hard at your word for crappy candy--dog chow--love it!

We have all of ours separated, however I am ready to dump it. There is so much it's really ridiculous and fear it would last much longer than Christmas.

Maybe next time you can just sneak a photo. Sadly, many of my friends just expect it even though they are scrooges as well :)

Tiffany said...

I love your musical enhancements. Reilly is freaking me out. Is it weird to have cloned yourself? Too bad they won't take younger sibling photos on school picture day. Remember that? My mom was always in there with my baby siblings screaming getting their pics done too. It was endless humiliation for me. We get a blue background, and it's downright perky.

Also, this blog thing is killing me. I need a lesson because posting the pictures must require a doctorate. By the time I get them on, I'm too frustrated to write anything!

KariAnn said...

Dog Chow, that's perfect! We got a whole bunch of that! Pictures are cute. Ours are gray too, and gloooomy. Oh well, $7. See ya soon!

Rebecca said...

Your kids pics turned out great! My mother in law insists on everyone sending a 5x7 of each kid for her wall of grandchildren. So $7 half smiles and messy hair is what she gets from the majority of us.

That's great that you went out with the Shirley's! How fun!