It's Beginning to look a lot like Christmas

The key word is BEGINNING. We finally have snow (roads are horrible), we cut our Christmas Tree down, it's decorated, all holiday decorations are up, I've designed my Christmas Cards online, I'm feeling very "Martha"...let the fun begin!!
Over Thanksgiving Weekend we went and cut down a Christmas Tree at a local Christmas Tree Farm. Our favorite one for some reason this year decided not to open until December 1st...lame. We found another one nearby and got a really pretty tree. The day was absolutely FRIGID without a flake of snow in sight. Thank goodness we had Starbucks Hot Chocolate to warm us up afterward!! Hazelnut Hot Chocolate. Does it get better than that?

I really like our tree although anything would be an improvement over Tyler and Ben's "free tree" from last year. They chopped one down out in the wild and brought back an extremely homely "corner" tree. That tree had one good side...ok... it had only one side...literally...but it was FREE. This year Tyler and I coughed up the $45 (still such a steal compared to the $80 we used to spend in Utah) and it has been well worth it. We just can't get over shapely this one is!! ;)


A man chopping down a tree...sexy...very "frontier like"!!
By the way...Stac...since you have Tyler for Christmas this year maybe you could get him new hoody...that poor Van's one is in constant usage...it seems like every picture I take Tyler is wearing it!! I grow weary of it.Here's the finished product:

Holiday decorations have been flying this way and that. Why don't pictures ever show the "true" holiday ambiance...perhaps it has something to do with my photographic ability. Oh well.

I love these old marquee letters that I found. They are awesome. My mom managed to find letters that spell out Noel.
I love my little white tree that holds all my vintage ornaments. I got a huge punch bowl full of them at an estate sale for $5 bucks. You can't beat that!
Not only has our house been decorated but the girls' room got an update. Gone is the crib ( I know Ailey is three but she could still fit into it and couldn't get out of it...such a perk)...we also got rid of Reilly's antique twin iron bed. The girls are now going to share (very Little House on the Prairie) my old antique sleigh bed from childhood. My mom made the cutest bedspread and pillows for it. She cut up an antique chenille bedspread that had a few holes and pieced it together with pink and white polka dot "minky" fabric and then reattached the old fringe. She salvaged more of the chenille bedspread to make the pillows. I think it turned out darling. I love vintage fabrics!! Especially when you can repurpose them in such a fantastic way. I need to find a cute coordinating dust ruffle to go with it.
Not only has our house been decorated but the girls' room got an update. Gone is the crib ( I know Ailey is three but she could still fit into it and couldn't get out of it...such a perk)...we also got rid of Reilly's antique twin iron bed. The girls are now going to share (very Little House on the Prairie) my old antique sleigh bed from childhood. My mom made the cutest bedspread and pillows for it. She cut up an antique chenille bedspread that had a few holes and pieced it together with pink and white polka dot "minky" fabric and then reattached the old fringe. She salvaged more of the chenille bedspread to make the pillows. I think it turned out darling. I love vintage fabrics!! Especially when you can repurpose them in such a fantastic way. I need to find a cute coordinating dust ruffle to go with it.



Ailey showing off her "big girl" bed. She can get out of it but has a hard time climbing up into it. She had to use a step-stool. It is hilarious. She thought I should take some more pictures of their room for my "bwog". She is too funny.


As for Stacey's "baby update"...still waiting. Stacey went to the hospital yesterday only to be sent home for the 2nd time. Her official due date is on Friday. She is miserable. I hope that baby gets here soon!

6 comments:
How funny! I just barely posted my latest one with the exact same title. Then I came over here to see that you did the same thing. Must be the season.
OK--I love that you went out and chopped down a real, live tree. It has been years since we have had a live tree. I miss the smell--they just die so fast here . . .
You did such a great job with your decorating. It looks so beautiful! And I really love what you did with the girls' room. The bedspread your Mom made is absolutely beautiful!!
Hang in there, Stacey! Your little girl is just giving you a taste of what is to come . . . :) I'm sure she is a little angel!
I love your house. It looks so festive. I am loving your white tree too. I keep looking at them thinking I should buy one. It looks especially cool with all your vintage ornaments on it.
"Man cutting down tree - very sexy, frontier-like"... I'm rolling. I do love when Oliver does sexy masculine things like this too!rrrrr. Anyway, your tree is fabulous. I love Christmas time!!
LOVE the house and your decorations! love them! the vintage ornaments? awesome. the white tree? so cool.
oh my girls were in their crib until their 3rd bdays. they loved their cribs!
big girl beds always make me sniffle a bit!
I have actually never been to your house. But I'm super curious to see it because I know it must be lovely. Thanks for the glimpse!
Cute decor! I love this time of year!
Post a Comment